Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget exceed error while deleting PO

karthik_k3
Explorer

Hi SAP Experts,

Greetings for the day.

I just want to delete PO, so in ME22N I had selected the PO line items and deleted by clicking delete icon. But while saving i am getting error as Budget exceed (message no. BP603).

The user dont want to use the PO, so requested to close / delete the PO. Even when i try to block the line items, getting same budget exceed error.

There is enough budget.

I had searched the forum, but couldnt find any work around. I had run CJEN & CJBN as well.

Delivery completed check box was triggered.

Kindly suggest how to close/delete the PO.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Karthik K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member218047
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

In order to delete PO, we need to delete referenced PR as well.

If Business dont want to refer this particular PO & PR further...

I can suggest you the work around like, make the gross price value of PR to zero and delete the PR. And same way change in PO as well(make price value as zero) and then try to delete the PO line items. Hope you will not get Budget exceed error when you save.

Please let me know if you still gets error.

Regards,

Seshagiri Konathala

karthik_k3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Seshagiri.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bhowmick_8
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In one of the similar case, a PR was already raised, one of the user wanted to modify the existing PO due to business reason. However he was unable to modify and he finally discarded it. Now he is unable to create a new PO, and an error is giving to hom budget exceeded in one of the line Item. Already suggested to undelete the PO, shortclosed it. But giving him the same error. Please share your suggestions.

Thanks

Nabin

0 Kudos

Dear All,

I also have come across of the same situation where the user were trying to delete the PO which is not required anymore.
In my case the problem had happened as the user had created many PO's wrt to contract & later they feel they should delete few of them PO (which is not yet Gr’ed) & system persist error as mentioned in the subject.

After lot many test & trails in Test system i can conclude that.

1.While checking it was found that they have made changes to Target value of the contract initially.

2.The issue is happening only whenever there is difference between in Contract currency & PO currency as the currency conversion is happening here.

3.If the PO & contract is In same currency you won’t face the problem but if the contract is in (Ex::-IDR/INR) & PO is in (Ex::-USD) while deleteting the PO you will definitely prompt with the error.

4.There are two way you can come out of this situation & delete the PO successfully.
In PO
à Header tab of Delivery/Invoice.

A.Either you change the currency of the PO same as contract.

B.Else make the exchange rate in PO as Negligible amount (1,0000).

As mentioned earlier if you dont want the PO to be created again then delete the corresponding docs like PR..

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Karthik,

Required few more inputs on your query,

1. PO creation Date
  2. Your Financial Year
  3. Yearly Budgeting is done or not
  4. If 3rd Point is Yes then Year End Activity performed from PS end or not
  5. your current FY available budget is more than PO amount or not

Kindly provide these details we'll workaround.

Regards,

Omkar Deshpande

karthik_k3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Omkar,

Thank you so much for your response and find the following inputs:

1.PO creation Date - 06/2014

2.Your Financial Year - 2014

3.Yearly Budgeting is done or not - NO

4.If 3rd Point is Yes then Year End Activity performed from PS end or not

5.your current FY available budget is more than PO amount or not---No budget available.

Please let me know if you require any inputs.

Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If PO is created on PR with certain conditions, PR Commitment replaced (Overwritten) by PO Commitment, which could fully consume this PR, even if the original amount of PR is bigger than that of PO. So, when deleting the PO line, will re-open PR line, and potentially consume additional budget. So, it's a Standard System...

Kindly Check this point also.......

Regards,

Omkar Deshpande