cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error looking up document variables

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to iterate through all the variables in all of our documents and look for a string in the formula, and I'm using restful api for that.

I see the following error for a request raylight/v1/documents/13792/variables:

error_code: WSR 00102 - The resource with identifier "L3fffffe2" is not of type "[Attribute, Dimension]".

But when I do raylight/v1/documents/13792/variables/L3fffffe2

I get the proper definition for the trouble variable:

{u'variable': {u'@dataType': u'String',

u'@qualification': u'Dimension',

u'definition': u'=Substr([Arrival Time] ;1 ;2)',

u'formulaLanguageId': u'[Substr Arrival Time]',

u'id': u'L3fffffe2',

u'name': u'Substr Arrival Time'}}

How come I'm seeing that error and how can that be mitigated?

Also, is this the best way to find variables containing a given search string? I'm basically doing

for every document in CMS:

for every variable in document:

Check if variable contains search string

But it's very slow using raylight, and I'm curious as to whether there's a faster way   

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

What version are you using?  (  .../ralight/v1/about )

Is your variable a grouped variable?  If so, does the group contain a merged dimension?

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

{u'about': {u'build': u'14.1.6.1702',

u'copyright': u'\u010f\u0165\u017c\xc2\u01602010 - 2015 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved.',

u'timestamp': u'20150601.171324',

u'title': u'Web Intelligence - Raylight',

u'vendor': u'SAP SE',

u'version': 1}}

The variable that throws the error does not appear to be a grouped variable itself; however, it is contained within another variable which is a grouped variable.

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

That (merged dim within a grouped variable) is most likely the cause of the error.  This is a known issue that is currently being fixed, and the fix will release in an upcoming patch.

Check out SAP Note 2336571 for details.  You can subscribe to this note to be notified when the fix is available.

Dan

eric_festinger
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Paul,

As Dan wrote, the error has been fixed on our internal systems and will be delivered in upcoming patches.

Regards,

eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Dan for pointing me to that SAP note; however, I tried finding the SAP anote you mentioned (https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2336571) and the system said "Document not released."

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

the URL is correct.  I just checked and the note has been taken back for editing by Development and will be re-released with details of the fix Eric mentioned.  I don't know which patch exactly the fix will be delivered in, but the maintenance schedule can be found here:Schedules for maintenance deliveries (Support Packages and Support Package Stacks) | SAP Support Por...

Dan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

About the fact you're looking for a faster way to execute your batch job, I can provide you those tips:

1) make sure you close properly the Webi document when you extracted the information you need (update state to Unused to free up resources)

2) You can process the job using a multithreading approach (each thead will proceed one document for instance). Our RESTful API supports concurrent calls.

Best regards,

Anthony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Anthony for the suggestions. I am concerned about the demand that parallelized multiple API requests would put on the server, as there are other people using the system as well. How resource hungry would that tend to get?