Did you mean: 

EDI Separator Splitting the Message while using Plain as message protocol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am currently using B2B addon.

And using EDI separator adapter.

My flow is like

Sender system (Plain message)->PI(SFTP)->PI EDI-Separator(Receiver)->PI EDI-SeparatorSender(with message protocol PLAIN)->PI(IDOC_AAE)->R/3(Receiver System)

I have configured this scenario, but the issue coming is EDI Separator Sender is splitting the message and each record is getting splitted.

As per the Configuring the EDI Separator Sender Channel - SAP NetWeaver Process Integration, business-to-busine...

If you select message protocol as  Plain, enter the values for the filter parameters as described in the table below:

ComponentParameterDescription
FilterMessage TypeThis parameter allows you to define appropriate plain message type. The adapter without splitting the message dispatches it to the appropriate channel.You can define a parameter using regular expressions in the field.

But its actually splitting the message .

Do i need to set any parameter ?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Aarti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

konrad_thalheim3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aarti,

the EDI separator sender channel splits always.

Maybe you change your scenarios to a direct processing, e.g. SFTP->IDoc, or you will convert the plain message and then filter it for the specific scenarios.

However the right solution depends on the process. E.g. if you need to create a single IDoc for every single plain message, then you need a collecting scenario. If not, then you are fine with the direct scenario above.

Kind regards

Konrad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Konard,

I have been trying to resolve the issue.

Yes, you are right EDI Separator always splits but not in the case of Message protocol as : Plain

I see the actual culprit is generated XSD in B2BIC .

In principle when you have <Header>Repeat in the table , XSD should generate Occurence like :

minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="unbounded,

But its actually generating:

minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" , 

I dont know how its Changed ,when i exported the XSD generated i saw maOccurs : "unbounded"

Now i am trying to import the XSD with unbounded occurence. Its not allowing andsaying incorrect file import.

Its pretty strange behaviour or its a bug.

I dont know how to proceed.

Regards,

Aarti

konrad_thalheim3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aarti,

I usually export the xsd and change the cardinality for using them in the mapping. The plain converter does not check any cardinality. E.g. in Edifact Converter you can easily create messages with multiple UNH segments just by playing with the edifact-xml.

The import function of xsd is not working all the time. I think you need to open an incident.

Kind regards

Konrad

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Same as you both are facing.

I open  XSD with some editor and change the occurence to unbounded.

And the import xsd doesn't work many a times and says it is an invalid file. I am not sure about occurrence part but importing xsd is for sure a bug.

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Konard/vikas,

I would want to to stick with the flow which I mentioned for the uniformity of the PO implementation.

I have an option of collecting the message and then send to IDOC(Solution given by you.. )

But I am still looking for the solution where I have to avoid the extra config.

Because as per the SAP help doc . EDI separator doesnt split the message incase of Plain.

I am not getting much probs when I am using other EDI like ANSI and Edifact but with Plain I am getting handful of issues..

Regards,

Aarti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Do you have some idea to resolve your issue?

Aarti

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aarti,

It can't be done with EDISeparator channel that is what I can tell you.

We need to find some workaround for this. First of all raise SAP ticket and then work on workaround.

I can tell you one idea if the file will contain multiple plain messages (but all plain messages should be same for eg. you file should have 5 EDI852 plain files but it can't have  1 EDI 852, 1 EDI 856 etc.)

Then in mapping with java map, BPM etc. you have to split them. Other than this I do not see anyway.

You see logically the splitting happens at receiver EDISeparator and the splitted msg gets picked up at respective EDISeparator Channel. SAP has given the receiver channel tabs for EDIFACT, ANSI X12 etc which means already programmed it to identify those messages but no way to identify a Plain message ( a plain converter is like an FCC it can be anything even not an EDI)

Sorry to say no straight solutions.

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Thank you very much for analyzing  the issue so closely.

And yes I do have to raise ticket to SAP because ideally there should not be splitting in case of plain.

Meanwhile, with lots of trial and error method I come up with the workaround:

Receiver-EDI _Separator- Enable Default- (Send message AS_IS)

Sender-EDI_Separator- Select  Default message protocol

- Add the Converter module in the module (“localejbs/PlainConverterModule)

- Configure B2BIC for the ETOX(Plain to XML)

EDI-Receiver looks which channel is configured with default and then B2BIC looks which Message type is alike the emessage structure.

Regards,

Aarti

Answers (0)