cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role Provisioning at each approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I would like to check if we have an option in GRC where, if a requester have requested multiple roles and each role have separate approves, then if Person 1 approves the first role that should get provisioned rather than waiting for the other role getting approved.

Presently, I have a GRAC_ROLEOWNER agent, where it will wait for all the approvals.

I don't see any options in the Task settings nor in the parameters. Can someone guide me on this.

We are having the below package

GRCFND_A  V1100 SP level 11

Jacob

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

Your requirement can be achieved in the below 2 ways :

1. First way is to set the provisioning settings to end of each path and route the access request to different paths based on certain conditions for the role owner stage. When one of the owner approves then auto -provisioning will start and will not wait for the other role owners to approve.

2. The other way is to enable manual provisioning task setting for the role owner stage and set manual provisioning with auto password generation provisioning setting for the system in SPRO.

This works only if the Role owner is the last stage in your workflow.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Thanks

Regards,

Manju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manju,

Thanks for the suggestion.

As per our current system configuration the provisioning settings is already set to end of each path. We have thousands of roles and the role owners are also different hence creating separate paths for according to the role owners is not feasible. I believe this is the logic which you were trying to put forward. If not, please correct me.

Since this is not the last stage of our workflow we can't rely on the second option.

The exact requirement is, we have two roles in role owner stage with different approvers. Out of which one person approved one role and the other role is still awaiting approval. Since both are in same path until and unless the other role is also approved the workflow won't move to next stage.

Our requirement is to move the approved role to next stage and the other role should remain same approval stage.

Regards,

Jacob

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

2 ways to do it.

1) use escalation.. and in escalation badi modify the logic, and escalate the approved request to path where no stages defined.

2) create different paths for approvers and set provision at end of each path

first method is good and less maintenance.

Regards,

Prasant