Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference between view and iview

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SDN,

I am bit familier with web dynpro, i have done some examples on the same.

1) I know that there is "view" which is the interface user can see in webdynpro application.

2) "iview" is an inteface which user can see in EP, other applications etc are mapped to the ivews.

when ever I search SDN I see iviews in web dynpro in several posts, what are these iviews (is it we are creating portal iviews in webdynpro).

correct me in my assumptions.

Regards,

Sai.k.k

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

venkatakalyan_karanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai

The difference is simple.Logically there is no difference between a view and iview with respect to user/client ,Both are used to for display the content and for user interaction.Terminology wise and technology perspective View is a user interface(to display the information or for interaction) developed in Webdynpro by using controls provided by the Webdynpro Frame work.This is regarding webdynpro.Coming to the portal an iView is a place where the content is displayed in portal.The content may come from any landScape,Here th iView is created based on IView Templated given by the portal framework.The webdynpro view also you can show in an iView .In portal it is a fundamental display unit to display text,graphics ,SAP Gui,Webdynpro content,BW Reports,Charts and every thing .Hope this will clear the difference.

regards

kalyan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

iView (integrated view) is a smallest portal component in portal and retrieves the data from heterogeneous backends. This are assigned to pages, as per specific layouts and then assigned to worksets roles.

Views in WebDynpro are the visual interface. This WebDynpro applications are integrated on to the portal as WebDynpro iView which is then assigned to the users which offers a role based access.

regards

ambica

former_member189631
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kochada,

In Short,

• Iview is a piece of information in Enterprise Portal

• Which can be added with Page,Workset,Role

• In webdynpro,UserInterfaces are divided into number of Iview.

• Its possible to navigate between two view in the same Webdynpro aPPlication by using exit and entry plugs.

Regards,

<b>Ramganesan K</b>.

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

IViews are required when you need to publish the content/reports on the Portal. If you are using just the web reports, then these are published using the internet browser.

You can find more details here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/df/bedca2076511d7b84500047582c9f7/frameset.htm

Regards, Suresh KB

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

from u r reply, "iview" mean an interface in portal through we can visualise our application.

view is an interface with input controls designed in webdynpro.

we will not crteate a iview with input controls for application in web dynpro.

is it ...?

sai.k.k

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

In view we align all UI elements -> using that view we will create application in webdynpro project -> from the application we create iviews in portal.

see this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/11/0d653f0c9fa075e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards, Suresh KB