cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write values to columns in table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In my output table, I have two columns, first name and last name which I am getting using a BAPI context. I have created one more column in the table and created a value node + value attribute. How do I assign values to this column after I have done the necessary processing with the two strings I have.

Regards

Abdullah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sid_sunny
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

I think you have two value nodes and want to show the vaues of the value attributes each of this value node has in one table. if I am right then to tell you that this is not possible you will have to create a third value node populate the values of these two nodes to this third node and bind this node to the Table UI element.

Regards

Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sid,

You got it correct. I was facing problems that you have said. Now how do I work around this.

Say for example my model node is

Context

EmployeeList

--Output

-

Itab

-

empno

-

fname

-

lname

-

dept

-

and in the same context i have a value node with attributes

FullName

--Name

Now do I create a third node which has both these elements?

Regards

Abdullah

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abdullah,

EmployeeList

--Output

-

Itab

-

empno

-

fname

-

lname

-

dept

-

//this is what you are getting from bapi, addition to this you want

FullName

--Name

//value node ,

so the way is you need to create one value node which will have these 3 attrib as:

Context

|_Personal //value node

|____FirstName //this is from bapi

|____LastName //this is from bapi

|____Name // this is new add on

then create a table with dataSource Personal and columns as its attribute

i hope you got it correctly.

let me know if you face any problem

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhijeet and Siddhart for your help on the current topic. Can you do one more favour for me. As I am a fresher in the world of webdynpro, can you suggest me an ebook on webdynpro coz for every problem that i face i have to turn towards SDN. There a couple of tutorials on SDN too, but something more comprehensive which will be a like a guide.

Regards

Abdullah

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sure buddy...

just give me your email ID or drop me a blank email on abhijeet.mukkawar@lntinfotech.com

(i am not in office today will do it tomorrow)

regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abdullah,

I am bit doubtul, if you can do that or not.

Because table can have <b>only one dataSource</b>, in yout case it is from BAPI context, and to the same table you want to add one more column which will need its dataSource to change to value node, which is not possible.

A solution to this will be, create one more value node with 3 value attrib, firstname , last name and the third attribute which you want to add as third column.

For this you first need to copy the data from model node to value node, here you can not use WDCopyService because you also want to add third value attribute so you need to proceed using loop, and assigning model node value to value node + third column vaues.

hope it helps

regards