cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI to PO migration Pre implementation and implementation activities.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am new to SAP PI/PO Technology and I am basically from IBM middleware background and assisting my team here in PI to PO migration and need some inputs from experts here about what are the Pre and implementation activities required. What things we should look at into to prepare a migration strategy. 

you guys inputs would help us create high level plan and things we may need look into before migration.

Thanks,

Dev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

Please refer the below documents and blog

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50b78c8f-4962-3010-9287-e200bdd8b...

As a pre migration activity

1. Identify the no of interface and there types

2. Identify if any CCBPM and then plan the creation of new NWBPM for CcBPM

3. Identify what type of adapters are used and plan the ABAP stack adapter movement to Java stack adapter like IDOC to IDOC_AAE, HTTP to HTTP_AAE, XI to SOAP over XI etc.

4. Identify any B2B sceanrio and check if you are using any third party adapter

5. Identify the ABAP mapping or any other abap object and create them to Java mapping (java objects).

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thanks for the above info and it helped a lot. Just want few more info.

Now SAP PI is migrated to PO, then what are the changes we need do at non SAP application side to point it to PO , say for example .net and java applications connecting PI earlier and now its moved to PO what are common changes we need to make in interfacing application to point them to PO ? If you could advise at the high level would be great help.

Thanks,

Dev

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Addition to the Harish's mentioned Points ;

• Check if you are making any RFC call from PI ABAP stack these need to moved to ECC system.

And for your query considering Non-SAP system as like Webservice and AS2 server you need to provide a new URL i.e PO system URL and also the connectivity details like UserID/Password/Certificates.

Br,

Manoj

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

The non SAP application level changes is depend on how they are connecting or sending the file. If they are using the FTP/SFTP then they do not need to change anything because PI/PO pull the file.

But if they are using SOAP/HTTP protocol to send the file then they need to repoint to new server. ouY need to provide new URL, WSDL etc. If you are using HTTPS then you need to provide the new SSL certificates.

regards,

Harish

Answers (0)