cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITSM - Unlock incident when problem is confirmed

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using custom transaction type for incident (YMIN) and problem (YMPR). The scenario is -

1. Problem is created as a follow-up from incident

2. The incident is locked to the problem

3. Problem status is changed and confirmed

4. The incident is unlocked however there are some errors

We have status dependent fields configured for incident, so for 'Proposed Solution' status in incident the field 'Solution Category' and Text Type 'Solution' should be filled.

But currently such configuration cannot be done for problem (SAP Note - 1817423).

So when we confirm the problem, we fill the solution text and solution category field in problem. This does the following -

- Incident gets unlocked

- Solution Text entered in problem is copied to incident

- Issue 1: Incident status is not changed to 'Proposed Solution', instead it remains in the status it was in

- Issue 2: Solution Category field value is not copied from problem to incident. Instead an error comes "Make an entry in field Solution Category', even though the 'Problem Category' field in Problem is filled [We changed the display name of this field to 'Solution Category' but it did not help]

The action YMPR_UPDATE_INCIDENT that is called in background, processing log shows its status as 'Incorrect', however there are no error details. Screenshot below -

Does the action need any parameters? Currently the action is same as that in standard.

Please suggest.

Regards

Shubhra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubhra,

did you check the system lock in SLG1 if it provides you more specific information about the error in the action? Maybe that can point us into the right direction.

Cheers

Markus

0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

There is no long text for the error in SLG1. Screenshot below -

Other details I mentioned in my original post above.

If I fill the two dependent fields in incident and then change the problem status to 'confirmed' then there is absolutely no issue. The action runs fine, the incident gets unlocked and status is changed to 'proposed solution'.

If I don't fill the two dependent fields in incident, instead fill the solution text in problem then the action copies the same to incident. No error is generated for this. Error is displayed for field 'solution category' only.

Is there a way to have the 'Solution Category' entered as a parameter in action/condition? i.e. if the field is empty in incident, copy the value from problem to incident and then continue with setting the incident to status 'proposed solution'?

Regards

Shubhra

former_member194601
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Shubhra,

Please check the condition defined in the action YMPR_UPDATE_INCIDENT and in this action, check the status defined.

In case you need more clarification, please attach the screenshot of the action definition.

Thanks,

Vignesh

0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

The action definition is same as standard. Screenshots below -

The two dependent fields for the incident to change to 'proposed solution' status is text type solution and solution category field. So we fill these values and then confirm the problem, the solution text gets copied over to incident and it gets unlocked however the 'solution category' value does not get copied and the error is displayed as "Make and entry in field 'Solution Category'".

Please advise.

Regards

Shubhra

former_member194601
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Shubhra,

Can you please check if the action definition is active.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Vignesh

0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

The action  is active. It is getting triggered, however the processing ends with error. I had attached the error in my original post.

Regards

Shubhra

former_member194601
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Shubhra,

Please check the below activity is done without any errors.

May be if any step is missed here in the above activity may cause such errors.

Please check and let me know in case of queries.

Thanks,

Vignesh

0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

Settings are maintained in the above step for YMIN --> YMPR (i.e. problem as a follow-up of incident). screenshot below -

But this setting is not related to the current scenario.

Irrespective of whether problem is created as a follow-up or not from an incident, if an incident is locked to a problem then the above action should unlock it along with updating the status and other details.

In my case, the action performs partial steps (i.e. unlocks incident and copies the solution text) and then goes into error.

Regards

Shubhra