cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB Home issue during installing another SAP instance on single Windows OS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Members,

I am installing new SAP system from System Copy Target option on windows.

SAP DEV with SID R3D is already running on this server with oracle 11g, Now i m installing another DEV system with SID DEV via System copy Target option also with oracle 11g.

We don't need MCOD as per our scenario we need different DB schema.

During installation SWPM is picking DB home of R3D?

this is confusing me.. i have given SID DEV to the installer.

Please help me i m new to this type of two instances on single host scenario, i m no idea now what to do if i will install new SID DEV on this R3D DB home what will happen? i guess its wrong please help me in detail.

Screenshots attached : I have set SID for usr/sap and for new DB as DEV

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The dropdown-menu "DB_HOME" in your third screenshot has no reference to "DEV", correct?

Then I guess it's the ORACLE_HOME or ORACLE_BASE environment variable of the user you start SWPM with. As far as I know you have to start SWPM as non-sidadm root/administrator) user in every case...

I thnik SWPM prompts you to install the database in case it's not yet installed, but I agree, it's better s to install it before starting SWPM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

you get it right 3rd screenshot has no reference to DEV that i want to install on same R3D windows server.

Just tell me i dont have to create any DB_home for my new SID DEV installation??

I m trying your suggestion to try with admin user. currently i am trying with r3dadm....

i assumed devadm user and /orcle/DEV creation at OS level is responsibility of SWPM?? Isn't??

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have tried with admin user , no success

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess the environment variable ORACLE_HOME is set on system level (system environment variable); you have to create it as user environment variable, delete the system variable and try again...

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you install a second Oracle home before sytarting the second system copy (= DEV)?

If no..do so, then restart the system copy...

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

i didnt undertsand what u saying??

i didnt installed second oracle home. just started DEV installation. as per our scenario mking DEV from some other PRD export so i am importing this DEV as fresh installation.

how to corrent the above mentioned error??

Regards