cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP EHS and GTS integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear EHS Community members,

I have a requirement. EHS system is already in place. SVT is currently used. EHS has to integrate with SAP GTS

May I request you to give following clarifications

What stage volume tracking is happening , when I create a purchase order at that point of time whether tracking happens

If that tracking happens, whether it will get updated in table CCRCT_CO . Also, Is it possible to transfer volume tracked into GTS

in the case for depreciating volume from license

Scenario - Import

Create PO

License maintained in SAP GTS with quantity limit

Substance tracked for the material maintained in EHS side

The missing link here is, the volume tracked for that particular transaction how it will transfer to GTS side

I am not able to find this information, if that not happens, it means, Is it not possible to EHS relevant licenses for volume depreciation in GTS side

I checked in the forum, for one query answer like this... GTS will check only OK / Not OK means whether transaction can proceed if the following criteria satisfied

Registration completed with authorities

Tracking happened in GTS or not (can't see depreciation of quantity after transaction completed. )

Can anybody clarify my query related to volume depreciation? Version we are using 10.1

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ramji

your set  up is "wrong"., therefore you will not get a solution.

a.) SAP EHS SVT can take care regarding MM, SD, PP

b.) SAP GTS can only take care regarding MM, SD

The SVT process should be designed in SVT only. Only under some conditions it make sense to link with SAP GTS (and this is clearly possible),

To make it short: for volume tracking GTS is the "wrong" solution. This "depreciation" functionality in GTS can only work if you have one component. This is not really the case in real life.

Please check this document:

There is a good discussion running here how to integrate SAP EHS SVT and SAP GTS in "principle"

C.B.

PS: for your topics:

"What stage volume tracking is happening , when I create a purchase order at that point of time whether tracking happens

If that tracking happens, whether it will get updated in table CCRCT_CO . Also, Is it possible to transfer volume tracked into GTS"

The SVT table to look at depends on the "context". CCRCT_CO is used in production. Therefore no integration with GTS possible as GTS does have not link to SAP ERP in this context

Generally. EHS SVT is set up like. you have one job running in the "night" to collect the numbers and to calculate, This is done independent of SAP GTS; many companies do not have SAP GTS; therefore they need a SVT solution

No, you can not transfer data back in SAP standard from SAP SVT to SAP GTS; and that this the "wrong" approach (why will transfer teh volumes? all teh needed e.g. REACH like logic is still in SVT)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear CB,

Thanks for your quick response. We are doing analysis what is the value addition to the client if we do an integration of SAP EHS and GTS.

But, as it is, it looks like there is no additional benefit with SAP GTS.

With your experience can you please reply value addition for client by using SAP GTS along with EHS module for REACH regulation

Thank you once again

Regards,

Ramji

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ramji

the situation depends a littel bit on situation of the customer.. If customer does not have SAP GTS you can solve demand 100% in EHS SVT. If customer does have SAP GTS it is a matter of "high level business decision", to have REACH SVT/GTS integration (or to avoid it)

In most cases:this integration is not needed. BUT now we need to discuss now "philosophy"... (and if you look back in history: any body use different line of arguments to get somethere; and person acting was  happy with the result (at that point in time); even if the result is different (based on used philosophy) in comparison to todays philosophy...

EHS SVT can block SD, MM and PP processes, SAP GTS can do the same only for MM and SD. Now if you have "x regulations" running in SAP GTS and they block but only REACH running in SVT then especially for MM and SD process you have two "block" reasons. One coming from SVT and the others from GTS

In most of the cases SVT design is such that no "block" is done for PP process; but only MM and SD.

In such a situation company must decide: should the MM and SD blocks done by GTS only; or can we "mix"... that means for REACH SVT will block for any other regulation GTS

Not an easy decision and you can list lots of "pros and cons"..

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramji,

SAP GTS has some what replaced the functionality of SAP  Foregin Trade module.

Trade is very complex when it comes to chemical import and export, GTS support many function related to trade or could use for domestic sales and purchasing if you would like to integrate with EHS.  

Many customer used this in past for storing licenses and permit such as for DEA (Drug Precursor), Inclusion and exclusion (may be done in SD) where you could avoid selling or buying if you do not meet the requirement.

It may not be true that SVT could be replaced by GTS, EHS soul is substance which very different than a product, A composition of Product may use multiple substance where only one substance or CAS number qualify for SVT, this also could be true for many product which could use the same substance, where by law you are tracking the purchase or sales of specific susbtance (aggregate).

GTS track TSCA 12B Reporting and submission of report,

The use of REACH and GTS could compliment each other but could not be replaced with each other.

SAP yet to build any check in GTS but the current state of check could be utilized in GTS as end transaction is carried out in ECC in form of Sales order or Purchase order.

Gopi Dadheech

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph Bergemann,

Thank you so much for sharing valuable inputs. I do agree with your view mixing block both in GTS and EHS, not good design. You are doing a wonderful job in terms of sharing your knowledge and suggestions for SAP EHS community. I like your philosophical  comment as well, I am also carrying the same view

Regards,

Ramji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gopi,

Thanks for your reply. I agree with you EHS and GTS should complement each other not for replacing one with another. But, blocking functionality already available in EHS what is the value addition customer will be getting by adding the same feature in GTS as well. Perhaps, audit standpoint it may helps. Other than that, I can't think of any other benefit.

Take an example of REACH regulation. It is linked with  “ tonnage bands “ for substances (not for products) . When the substance threshold near or crossing EHS can trigger Information/ Warning /Error based on your settings. EHS has the functionality of both blocking and notification.

What is the value addition adding the same in GTS

Kindly share your comments

Regards,

Ramji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramji,

It has to do with ease of process, the entry of sales order or purchase order is initiated from GTS, it may help to have same check  in GTS so data inconsistency could be avoided or check and balance can be done early in process.

No every company will require GTS or REACH but comply with chemical regulations such as volume tracking ECC is probable place, 

It is like carrying out DG check with Transport Management where you have already scanned the product in ECC but still TM can carry out same checks to avoid any miss or overwrite.

The current process of GTS does not have such checks and relies on ECC (EH&S) but this would be intresting to see if GTS can also encompass the similar checks.

Gopi Dadheech

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gopi

in context of "Trade is very complex when it comes to chemical import and export, GTS support many function related to trade or could use for domestic sales and purchasing if you would like to integrate with EHS. "

Once again kind of philosophy: SAP GTS has a check algorithm and using SAP EHS you can do checks as well (e.g. Notification check). from user perspective: he/she is not interested to know on detail level if EHS checks or GTS checks or which check comes first if both are in place; EHS can be set up to block and GTS can be set up to block. The issue is now: to get rid of the block soon or you loose business.

For tracking of "volumes" of components: EHS SVT is the right place. but if you have volumes on material level then GTS can be used as well (as long as you are interested in SD/MM processes only)

Your sentence "The current process of GTS does not have such checks and relies on ECC (EH&S) " does not have a "context".

So to make it more precise: SAP GTS can not check volumes of component; but EHS SVT can do;

BUt if you just look from "registration" point of view. You can block SD/MM processes via GTS and via EHS

The "trouble" is only: if you decide GTS you must maintain there data; you can not profit from data in EHS (as there is no data transfer available)

SAP GTS on the topic support additional functionalities (which are as wel a must for many companies).

C.B.

Answers (0)