cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future of SAP CRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am with a leading consulting firm for the last 5 years.

Started with SAP SD and then moved to full time as SAP CRM consultant. Having worked in core modules like SD, ISU etc. I am a little confused with the emergence of and clients moving to CRM solutions like Sales force.

Where do you think this takes the future of SAP CRM. and what are the changes SAP CRM is coming up with, to be in the race with the Other solutions.

Is Sales force CRM a threat?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Raik
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Rahul,

the bigger threat is that CRM software in classic flavor will not be needed anymore in my point of view. Forrester predicted that 1M B2B salespeople in US will loose their job until 2020. So 1M less CRM users across all CRM software vendors until 2020 only in US and similar worldwide. Classic CRM processes will be replaced by so called BeyondCRM solutions. SAP is leading this transformation and calls this new software category 'Customer Engagement and Commerce (CEC)'. SAP uses SAP Hybris as a brand for most of the new parts for BeyondCRM processes. SAP CRM and SD is a part of it but please try to get familiar with the full SAP portfolio to help your customers in the predicted transformation.

SAP Digital Business Transformation whitepapers visualizes this strategy shift in the full context. Please have a look into the

1. cross industry version
  2. and the specific industry versions for you in the industry specific communication

Best regards

Raik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raik

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rahul:

I am not sure this is the right space to ask.

That said, have you checked the latest roadmap for CRM?

It should be posted at "Roadmap on sap.com/roadmaps "

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wanted to see what other thinks about this.