cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to perform GR confirmation for Limit PO with custom fields in SRM 7.03

0 Kudos

Dear SRM Guru,

We recently upgraded our SRM system from 4.0 to 7.3.  One of the benefits for this upgrade is the ability to perform GR confirmation for Limit PO.  However; we are getting error message when performing GR for Limit PO.  This error occurs due to custom fields (MPM and Location Coded) added to Shopping Cart creation screen.  When performing GR, the data from these two fields cannot be transferred to the PO's Entry Sheet.

Does anyone have similar issue performing GR for Limit PO where they have custom fields added to SRM?  Is there a solution for this?  I also created  a SAP Influence Request for this issue.

POST data

Thank you,

Jesse Liu

WB Entertainment, Burbank, CA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jesse

I had similar issues in past mapping not just custom fields but standard text as well .

I did a bit of debugging and found  In SRM META_ENTRYSHEET_CREATE Fm which calls : META_BAPI_DISPATCH and in that BAPI_ENTRYSHEET_CREATE in ECC and this calls the FM MS_CREATE_SERVICE_ENTRY_MULTI in ECC where I did my changes to update the field I needed.

As a workaround you could probably do the same.

Regards

Vinita

0 Kudos

Hi Vinita,

Thank you so much for the information.  This is very helpful.  Since this is something we want SAP to fix, I have created a Influence Request.  Can you subscribe to this request so that it can be considered? 

https://influence.sap.com/ct/ct_a_view_idea.bix?c=82285A29-190B-470A-9AF1-631810E10F2A&idea_id=AFD05...

I will bring your recommendation to our ABAP team and have it tested.

Thank you,

Jesse

former_member198566
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jesse,

This is one of the good initiative you have taken by posting the same in SRM customer influence program, hope this will be considered. I agree its painful and time taking as many customers faces the same issue due to custom sc fields while doing confirmation for Limit PO.

Currently BAPI_ENTRYSHEET_CREATE does not have extension for mapping custom structure. So if you need faster solution then you need to go ahead and have this enhanced.

Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

You are correct, the BAPI_ENTRYSHEET_CREATE need to be corrected to add the extension.  I created a SAP Influence Request.  Can you subscribe to this influence request so that it can be considered?  It appears this is widely impacted to other companies.

https://influence.sap.com/ct/ct_a_view_idea.bix?c=82285A29-190B-470A-9AF1-631810E10F2A&idea_id=AFD05...

Thank you,

Jesse