cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup in PI a simple comunication between 2 servers to get a file and send a file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Look, I did a trainning last month of SAP PI 7.4 version.

Now I would like make some tests to learn more, I´m trying create a very simple scenario:

- I have 2 servers ( Windows Server), I want that SAP PI get a simple txt file and send to another server.

See:

I have created all objects in Enterprise Service Repository ( figure1)

I have created all objetcts in Integration builder (figure 2)

When I try create the Configured Integration I cannot find my Interface (figure 3)

Probably I forgot some step or this is not right way of setup this scenario.

Who can help with some tips?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Fabiano,

Add the Interface in the Business component or try as per the below link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

Thanks, I will try!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

Now I can see the interface but now I can´t see the communication channel (figure 4)

I have a question, for 2 servers Can I create in the Business Component in PARTY or in COMMUNICATION COMPONENT WITHOUT PARTY?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It´s working now!!

Thanks for your help!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabiano,

On the ICO your communication component should be Inbound instead of Outbound.

ICO

Make sure that your sender channel has send selected like below

Make sure that on your business component / communication component on the sender tab you have the sender interface and the sender communication channel likewise on the receiver tab you have the receiver interface and the receiver communication channel.

Party is usually used for B2B scenarios.

Cheers

Faith

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Fabiano,

Business component is just a identifier, You can create 2 or 1 based on requirement as no technical details are going to be mentioned.

And coming to CC visibility ensure you created CC under the correct Business component and selected correct direction.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please mark this Discussion with a Correct Answer (closes, but does not lock the Discussion) and Helpful Answer where appropriate. See http://scn.sap.com/community/support/blog/2013/04/03/how-to-close-a-discussion-and-why   Even if you discovered the solution without any outside contributions, it helps others to understand what the solution turned out to be. 

Do not use Assumed Answered as it confuses anyone looking for the specific answer.  If you dig into the Getting Started link (top right of each SCN page), you are only instructed to mark Helpful or Correct Answers to Discussion responses. 

Thanks, Mike (Moderator)

SAP Technology RIG

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please close the thread as Mike suggested.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member956100
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hey Fabiano,

For simple filetransfer scenarios without any content conversions you don't need the ESR part, and I do understand that you have problems with finding the CC while putting the ID part together.

As a solution you can import your own PI system under the "Business System"s and define your sender and receiver channels there.

Afther this, you should be able to create the scenario without issues.

Don't forget to refresh the SLD cache sometimes in the ID.

Peter