cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove/update missing dfo file in packagestemp manually after installing/upgrade of BIP

Former Member

Hi experts,

i updated my BIP 4.2 sp01 system to BIP 4.2 SP02. (Windows environment)

update is successful with warnings.

But when i checked log file i found still some files exists in packagestemp folder.

Check the below log files

Errors/Warnings found during the installation are as follows

05:38:41.382 2016/07/06, 05:38:41: ntservice Error: Service is in pending state, unable to control service, exiting...

05:38:51.398 2016/07/06, 05:38:51: ntservice Error: Service is in pending state, unable to control service, exiting...

05:39:01.414 2016/07/06, 05:39:01: ntservice Error: Service is in pending state, unable to control service, exiting...

05:39:11.430 2016/07/06, 05:39:11: ntservice Error: Service is in pending state, unable to control service, exiting...

05:39:21.446 2016/07/06, 05:39:21: ntservice Error: Service is in pending state, unable to control service, exiting...

05:39:31.462 Error: SetSIAStateWithRetry: ControlNTService failed stoppingervice BOEXI40SIAMO54885826A after 5 retries.

05:39:32.494 Error: unmarshalSizet: curPos past end of string

05:39:32.494 Error: Serialization error.  Expecting at least 1 arg(s).  Got 0.

05:39:32.494 Error: Poco Exception: Software caused connection abort

05:39:32.494 Error: *** Action result: unknown.

[InstallEntDfoWrapper.UploadDFO] UploadDFO Failed [E:\BIP42_Server\SAP BusinessObjects\setup\packagestemp\BusinessObjects_ClientActionSet_Publication_Webi_Create_dfo.xml]

[InstallEntDfoWrapper.UploadDFO] UploadDFO Failed [E:\BIP42_Server\SAP BusinessObjects\setup\packagestemp\BusinessObjects_ClientActionSet_Publication_Webi_Properties_dfo.xml]

[InstallEntDfoWrapper.UploadDFO] UploadDFO Failed [E:\BIP42_Server\SAP BusinessObjects\setup\packagestemp\BusinessObjects_DSL_Sets_pin.xml]

[InstallEntDfoWrapper.UploadDFO] UploadDFO Failed [E:\BIP42_Server\SAP BusinessObjects\setup\packagestemp\BusinessObjects_SetsRepositoryFolder_dfo.xml]

ERROR: Deploy Files completed with errors.

*#*_*|ERROR: Deploy Files completed with errors.|ERROR: Deploy Files completed with errors.*_*#*

06:08:56.685 ERROR: Cannot commit ServerIntelligence_Service_DestinationSchedulingService_dfo.xml. The DFO data is older than the DFO in the repository. The following properties are causing the problem: SI_CONFIG.

06:09:09.623 ERROR: Cannot commit ServerIntelligence_Install_MO54885826A_OutOfBoxAdaptiveJobServer_DestinationSchedulingService_dfo_frag.xml. The DFO data is older than the DFO in the repository. The following properties are causing the problem: SI_RELATIONSHIPS.SI_SERVICE_HOSTS.1.SI_CONFIG.

ERROR: Cannot commit ServerIntelligence_Service_DestinationSchedulingService_dfo.xml. The DFO data is older than the DFO in the repository. The following properties are causing the problem: SI_CONFIG.

ERROR: Cannot commit ServerIntelligence_Install_MO54885826A_OutOfBoxAdaptiveJobServer_DestinationSchedulingService_dfo_frag.xml. The DFO data is older than the DFO in the repository. The following properties are causing the problem: SI_RELATIONSHIPS.SI_SERVICE_HOSTS.1.SI_CONFIG.

i tried with this link

I tried to to replace files in package folder and restarted SIA server but it didnt worked for me.

for another option through batch mode i am getting error

I- Run the following command lines:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\scripts\deployfiles.bat" -deploydir "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\setup/packagestemp" -autodelete -username Administrator -password "[CMSPASSWORD]" -authentication secEnterprise -cms <servername>:<port>

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\scripts\addnode.bat" -autoupdate -username Administrator -password "[CMSPassword]" -authentication secEnterprise -cms <servername>:<port> -locale en

could you please explain above batch command in more detailed with syntax

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,

Shiva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shiva,

I will explain the options included in the command lines :

-deploydir "<Install_Directory>\setup\packagestemp"

• This option will deploy the missing DFO files from <Install_Directory>\setup\packagestemp to <Install_Directory>\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\packages

-autodelete -username Administrator -password "[CMSPASSWORD]" -authentication secEnterprise -cms <servername>:<port>

• This option will delete the DFO files from <Install_Directory>\setup\packagestemp once they are deployed into <Install_Directory>\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\packages

-autoupdate -username Administrator -password "[CMSPassword]" -authentication secEnterprise -cms <servername>:<port> -locale en

• This option will commit the DFO files from <Install_Directory>\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\packages into the CMS database.

Pay attention that you must change all what is between < > and [ ] with your own definitions.

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Bayrem

thierry_baraton
Explorer
0 Kudos

have you solve your problem with your two command lines

i'm facing the same errors

i'm updating 4.1 sp5 to 4.2 sp3

thanks very much