Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aggregated Annual Forecast ?

prmandavia
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are forecasting in weekly periods using IBP 5 and for reporting purpose need is to get the annual forecast for past and future years.

How can this be achieved ? Can Last period aggregation used  to aggregate the forecast from weekly to yearly bucket ?

Also if I want the sum of forecast from the start of the calendar year till current month, how can this be achieved ? 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Not fully understand question 1, wouldn't a planning view with yearly buckets be good enough? Or would you rather need a mix between weekly and yearly buckets in the same view?

For the second question, there are 2 options:

- configure local members for YTD / YTG. Disadvantage is that you need the fixed horizon planning views covering the entire year and that you could not export the results via an outbound interface as they are not calculated in the backend

-configure YTD/YTG Key Figures as per below post. Disadvantage is that the calculation is performed in a new KF which would be on a separate row.

I think that in the short-mid horizon, there will be more flexibility in this area, as I have seen this requirement on many customers list.

Regards

Alecsandra

prmandavia
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Alecsandra for the quick turn around. I'll try out the suggestion.

For the 1st query -

Forecast is done in weekly buckets , but for reporting purpose we need year to year comparison of forecast. For this we need annual forecast and I was wondering if LPA can used for this?

Kindly suggest !

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Opening a planning view in yearly buckets from Y-2 to Y+3 for instance will return the forecast aggregated in yearly buckets. Where is the issue?

Or would you need to compare the forest you did in the past years for the current year?

prmandavia
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'll need to compare the forecast in past years for the current year.

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Then you could try and perform backup of the forecast plant into separate Key Figures. You can execute the backup at the end of the forecasting cycle through snapshot or copy operator. This way, you could easily have all the variants in one view and see it like a waterfall analysis. 

prmandavia
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Alecsandra,

Will try this out and update with my comments.

Answers (0)