cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order meter price and quantity

0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have a product which has a meter price (EUR / meter). When the customer order it, they usually ask for more than 40m length, lets say 75 m.

But our factory currently only able to product maximum 40m product in length. So they order it as 40m + 35m from the same product -> 2 pieces.

Or 3 x 20m and 1 x 15m -> 4 pieces, so they divide the total ordered length to pieces.

Currently we are using only one row on the sales order specifying the total length of 75m. Is there a way, to specify the exact quantity and length of the products in a Sales Order, or we should use the Note field?

So what I would like to see somewhere in the Sales Order:

1 x 40m,

1 x 35m

Currently we are using the end comment field, to write this down manually, I am just trying to look for standardized options for the input, so later we can read it out from SAP with query.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not an expert but there actually seem to be two separate questions / issues. One is handling of the 40 m maximum (this seems to be independent of what the customers order if you are physically unable to produce longer length). And the other is handling of orders with multiple lengths.

The answer really depends on your business process and required document flow / outcome. In case of 3 x 20 m it seems more logical to me to have 3 line items with 20 m each. But then I have no idea what happens later in your process. Is this an issue for the customer to have 3 separate items? Is this an issue for the factory? For any interfaces you have?

There is some IS for textile industry that will most likely cover these requirements. In plain SAP there are not that many choices - multiple line items, variant configuration, co-sale, that's all that comes to mind.

In any case, entering this information in the text comments is probably the worst solution, so you're on a right path trying to change it.