cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobil server trusted. Certificate with wildcard. Not supported?

alfons_gonzalez
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are configuring our infrastructure to use SAP BO BI mobile following secuirty requirements detailed on

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbo41/en/61x_mobi_security_en.pdf

pag 14-15

As the CA of our servers is not in the "official" list of these ones recognised by Apple we have installed the certificate in the client device.Despite of that the error persists

Connection to the server could not be established (MOB06031) (HTTP-1202) Details: The certificate for this server is invalid. You might be connecting to a server that is pretending to be , which could put your confidential information at risk

Our certificate is not a complete one, it uses wildcard: e.g: *.domain.com

We suspect that issue may arise from this reason (only complete certificates e.g: servername.domain,com would be supported)

Question is: someone knows if wildcard certificates are supported to ensure that mobile server is trusted?

thx

Alfons

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Alfons,

Certificate with wildcard are not supported yet with the App. You may need to change it to FQN for the server.

Regards

Vikas

alfons_gonzalez
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Do you know if it does exist some plan to support them on incoming releases?

In our case (with dozens of servers and applications) use of wildcard certificate reduces significantly costs and maintenance tasks.

Thanks,

Alfons

0 Kudos

Hi Alfons,

I think you have already voted for Certificate Error on Android : View Idea.

We will have a look at it soon but no timelines yet.

Regards

Vikas

alfons_gonzalez
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I already did it

What is more, bypass of the verification (to go ahead with the project development in the TEST scenario) of server authentication is not longer available. It isn't?

Thx

0 Kudos

Hi Alfons,

Sorry did not get the last reply clearly. Could you please elaborate a bit? What is getting bypassed?

Regards

Vikas

alfons_gonzalez
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Sorry for the fuzzy answer. What I mean is that currently is not longer possible to by pass use of certificates (as it was allowed in previous releases). This fact will block the development phase of the project until: (1) SAP idea was approved; (2) I convince my boss to buy FDQN certificates. Any of 2 options looks too good

Thx

0 Kudos

Hi Alfons,

Thanks for elaboration .

Current way is only FDQN certificates i.e. Option (2). By Passing option has been deprecated.

Ideas we will review but no timelines yet.

Regards

Vikas

0 Kudos

Please mark this as answered if your query or issue is resolved.  

Regards

Vikas

omacoder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vikas, I understand the Android app will not support wildcard certs, but what about UCC/SAN certs?

Per https://www.godaddy.com/web-security/ssl-certificate:

A Unified Communications Certificate (UCC) is an SSL that secures multiple domain names as well as multiple host names within a domain name. A UCC SSL lets you secure a primary domain name and up to 99 additional Subject Alternative Names (SANs) with a single SSL. For example you can use a UCC to protect www.domains1.com, www.domains2.net and www.domains3.org.

alfons_gonzalez
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know that this is an old post, but I would like to know if wildcard are yet not supported with the App.

any update?

Thanls,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mehrdadalaei
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I can confirm wildcard certs work just fine for SAP B1 app on iOS. i cannot get it work on Android though.

0 Kudos

This should be working now.

mehrdadalaei
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas, this is not working for Android. is wildcard cert supported for android? it works on iOS no problem. thank you