cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFTP connection issue

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting below error while establishing SFTP connection to a remote server from PI system.

" Details: putFile: Could not connect to remote host; Reason: Could not change to given base directory: /ASTBID1D/fair/upload/dev>>SendingStatus: NOT_TRANSMITTED>>FaultCategory: COMMUNICATION_ERROR>>Retryable: true>>Fatal: true"

FYI - From OS level connection is working and also verified the base directory at remote server.

Please suggest how to solve this issue.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

1. Please try to connect to the destination sFTP server from the same host where PI is located by executing sftp <user used to send the file>@<Target host name> command.

2. Try to change the forward slash (/) to backslash (\) symbol in defined path.

Best regards!

0 Kudos

Hi Vadym,

1. Please try to connect to the destination sFTP server from the same host where PI is located by executing sftp <user used to send the file>@<Target host name> command.

I tried and connection is working from OS level but at application level still is am getting the same error.

2. Try to change the forward slash (/) to backslash (\) symbol in defined path.

I tried this already but no luck.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

And have you tried to connect and upload the file to the destination folder using any FTP client as suggested by Raghuraman Srithara?

Can you provide the logs from FTP server?

0 Kudos

Hi Vadym,

I used Winscp FTP to connect to destination folder and it is successful.

Screenshots are given below.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinoth,
have you executed this connections from the same host where the PI is installed? Have you checked the firewalls or any other network protection SW which may block this connection?

As a very last solution you could try to specify another folder and try to process with it.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could not change to given base directory

This could be due to the permissions in the directory.

Check the folder has write permissions to write the file.

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

are you using key based authentication?

Please give * in fingerprint and try again.

Regards,

Vikas

0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

I am using User name and pwd only

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vinoth try placing the file using Filezilla

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if the port is 22 or server is using any other port.also you can varify the authentication certificate via external ftp tools (Filezila).

regards,

Harish

0 Kudos

HI Harish,

Through WinSCP i am able to connect to remote server via port - 22.