Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application alias (short URL) for Web Dynpro

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I know this is an old question that came up throughout the years but I'll try again (-:

Stanbdalone Web Dynpro URL looks like this:

http://<server>:<port>/webdynpro/dispatcher/<namespace>/<prj_name>/<app_name>

I want to use an application alias for this URL, something like:

http://<server>:<port>/myContext/app1

The solutions I know:

1) Use simple servlet redirect: in this case the user enters short URL but after the redirect the original Web Dynpro URL is shown in the location bar.

2) Use the Web Dynpro URL in an iframe

3) I thought of getting the Web Dynpro servlet and forward to it:

ServletContext servletContext = getServletConfig().getServletContext().getContext("/webdynpro/dispatcher");

try {

servletContext.getRequestDispatcher("/<namespace>/<prj_name>/<app_name>").forward( request, response);

} catch (Exception e) {

// TODO: Handle exception...

}

This works for first screen but as soon as an event is triggered, an error occurs ('404 Not Found').

So, how can I use application alias (short URL) for my standalone Web Dynpro?

J2EE version is 7.31 SP7.

Regards,

Omri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Szabolcs_Renyo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Omri,

What you would like to do is unfortunately not supported by the J2EE Engine and nor by the WD Java framework.

Further the Web Dynpro Java framework is in maintenance mode which means that we do only bug fixing and no new features are possible (especially not ones related to the core framework).

If you use an alias (e.g. /nwa or /sld, etc.) then you will be able to use a short URL, but only at first invocation. After that the application gets re-directed to the actual resource (just as you also experienced).

Best Regards,

Szabolcs Renyo

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks

Answers (0)