Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWM process with ECC

former_member182454
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new in EWM and currently we are working on ECC-TM-EWM landscape where TM and EWM is not directly connected.Now I have some question on the data transfer between EWM-ECC and would require the experts to comment :

a) Can you let us know in which business object and field we can capture container ID in EWM since we would like to transfer this info to ECC

b) If we have a field for container No can we capture container No in HU and we would like to have the technical details of the same

c) Finally is the HU No along with container ID transferred back from EWM to ECC and if yes in which business object it gets updated i.e delivery or shipment.

If you have some screenshot on the same will appreciate a lot

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member337613
Participant
0 Kudos

a) Not sure what you mean by business object but you can capture the container ID within the Transportation unit within EWM

b) The transportation unit is a Handling Unit within EWM used within Yard Management

c) No, the transportation unit is EWM only and not transferred back to ERP. The OBD is passed from ERP to EWM and back again once the delivery is fully processed in EWM. From what I recall the shipment remains in ERP and is not passed to EWM for processing.

Hope this helps.

former_member182454
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thx for response. But I require some more clarification.

a) Can you kindly let me know in which field the container ID is stored in EWM TU business object.Also corresponding database table and field name will help me

b) Is the HU No visible in TU ? If yes when this is transferred  to ECC in shipment document, where its stored in ECC considering we can have 2-3 HU Nos.

c) Also can you share me the config link so that when shipment document is created in ECC , TU will be created automatically in EWM.

d) Lastly is there a way by which seal No maintained in TU can be transferred back to ECC ?

former_member182454
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can experts respond here

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Have you ever looked into an TU? Maybe you should do that first....

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

former_member337613
Participant
0 Kudos

a) Transaction /SCWM/TU will allow you to create a TU (Transportation Unit). The TU will be the Container ID in your scenario. Field name TU_NUM_EXT

b) The HU is a type of Handling Unit and you will assign deliveries to it. The deliveries will have handling units assigned during the picking confirmations. Then you will load the handling units onto the TU. So you can see what HU's have been loaded onto the TU by the delivery.

Have a read of TU creation in EWM using ECC Shipment | SCN regarding TU's and ERP Shipment.

c) TU creation in EWM using ECC Shipment | SCN

d) I don't think that is possible. The Seal Number will remain in EWM as part of the TU. I don't think this information is passed back to ERP in the Shipment

Hope this helps.