VA05N User-Specific Layout Variants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anybody know how to create/enable user-specific layout variants in VA05N

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Take a look at these SAP notes:

Also, this topic has already been discussed quite a few times and google search should find you a solution to this.

HTH.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From what I know, sd_variant_maintain has no effect on VA05N.

In my sandbox (EHP4) what is evaluated, is CL_ALV_VARIANT, method get_user_specific. For VA05N, m_variant_save is always passed as ' ' no matter what values you set for the parameter. As a result the user-specific option is grayed out.

This seems to be the standard approach also in later versions. Sap note 1700237 - Transaction VA*5N (VA05N, VA15N, VA25N, VA35N, VA45N) mentions "It is not possible to save user specific variants" as a symptom.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for quick responses

User Parameter SD_VARIANT_MAINTAIN does not work for VA05N transaction even in EHP7. However, works well for older transactions (i.e. VA05)

KBA 1700237 answers my query. However, not fully satisfied. I have logged the same on OSS. Will update you all if they put up a green flag.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jens_sabroe
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, as you can read from Veselinas reply, the note 1700237 states that the VA*5N transactions are not for usage in the backend system directly.

Instead investigate the Business Function LOG_SD_REPORT_OPT - consider activating this one.

Use transaction SFW5 to review your available enhancements.

VA05 after activation of the mentioned Business Function.

VA45

BR

Jens

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In SU01, maintain the parameter SD_VARIANT_MAINTAIN and set value 'X' and save.  Not sure whether this will work for VA05N also since I know, this will work for VA05.  Check and confirm

G. Lakshmipathi