Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BOBJ tomcat vs netweaver

former_member82170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We planning to install SAP Business objects with netweaver instead of tomcat. Could you please share pros and cons with SAP neatweaver and also best practices if any.

Thanks and Regards,

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Please refer to SCN Link BI Platform 4.1 Tomcat or Netweaver | SCN for details.

Looks like there is no official document which shares the pros & cons but running it on Tomcat seems a better option in terms of getting the information & best practices on installing and troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Manas

former_member82170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Could you please share your thoughts on going with netweavar java as a web services for Business Objects.

Thanks and Regards,

Prasad

magexposito
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Prasad,

I have used SAP BO on Tomcat for a couple of years and I don't have any complain about it so far. I checked the installation guide for SBOP BI Platform 4.1 and I don't see anything related with Netweaver and as far as I remember there is no option during the installation to use a Netweaver instead of a Tomcat. I know that on older version there was the possibility to use Netweaver instead of Tomcat but I'm not quite sure for the newer versions.

Anyway just keep in mind that BO over Tomcat works quite fine and you should have no problem:

- There are tons of documents of BO with Tomcat, not so many for BO with Netweaver.

- Keep in mind that it is really important to configure correctly the Tomcat in case you don't want to have performance issues. This is something a lot of people just forget...

- Also remember to configure correctly the servers on the CMC, there are couple of documents and notes about this that you should check.

- One of the best forums for BO is BOB: Business Objects Board - Index. It is even better than SCN for some topics.

If you have any further question just ask.

Best regards.

Answers (0)