cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule a Lumira document on BI 4.2 SP2

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

We recently upgraded to BI 4.2 SP2, I am trying to schedule a Lumira document from BI launchpad. It shows as "pending" and doesn't seem to start "running".

I checked on CMC> servers > the Node that holds the WACS server has the AJS_platform search service running and enabled.

We would need to schedule Lumira document.

Has anybody tried this before.

please let me know.

thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Meera,

Please refer to the following links,

Thank you,

Varun Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Varun,

I have followed these steps already and When I schedule a Lumira Document - I don't see it "running". It is in "pending" state and doesn't complete.

My question was - what can I do to get it to run ? I already have checked that the WACS server is running and the AJS_platform search running on the platform.

Please let me know if you can help us.

Thanks.

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Meera,

Can you refresh the schedule and check the GLF logs to see if there are any errors ?

Also what datasource are you using? Can you open the document from the launchpad and click on the refresh to see if new data is loading in the report

Thank  you,

Varun Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Varun,

I am yet to check the GLF logs but when I try to just "VIEW" a Lumira Document - it works , when I refresh it from the same page , I get an error saying "refresh not supported for this data source"

My data source is a "unv" universe, fetching data from the same BI platform as Lumira is installed.

What should I do?

Any Suggestions?

thanks.

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Meera,

UNV universes can only be refreshed in SAP Lumira Desktop. Refreshing UNV universes through SAP Lumira Server for BI Platform is not possible.

Please refer to https://apps.support.sap.com/sap/support/knowledge/public/en/2308200

I would also recommend you start using the UNX Query Panel moving forward.

Thank you,

Varun Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Am sorry - that was a typo. the sample universe was developed on IDT, these were UNX universes saved to the BI platform.

I checked the connections and universe - they seem to work.

I cant decipher much from the GLF logs.

What other setting should i check ?

Sorry for the confusion.

thanks.

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you  make sure the Platform add-in is the same version as Desktop. Did you use the Universe Query Panel Extension for acquiring the data ?

Using the extension allows you refresh on the Platform, without the Extension you only prepare the UNX date and not refresh in the Platform.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the sever and Desktop version of Lumira is the same. Lumira 1.30.

Also i used the universe query panel extension for accquiring data.

Not sure where the problem is..

Thanks.

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you create a test Lumira document using the UNX Query extension, publish in the BI platform and try to refresh data using scheduling service. We can then analyze if the error is only for that specific document or a generic case.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Meera, is this a Multi Source UNX? These are only supported on the client.

And as Varun mentioned, creating a new Lumira doc on perhaps another UNX may be useful to see if this is specific to one UNX.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer Product Support

Chat with SAP Lumira Support! See KBA 2213344 - Starting a chat with SAP Support [video]

Follow us on Twitter (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place 

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All ,

Thanks for all the helpful answers.

I had created a relational connection on IDT and saved the universe as UNX. The relational connection seems to be working and I created a adhoc webi from this universe and that seems to work fine on the new upgraded 4.2 environment.

This is not multisourced, its coming from one SQL server database.

This is actually a sample universe that i created to test Lumira  - to save/schedule  Lumira doc on BI platform.

As i said earlier,  I also checked if the WACS service and the AJS_platform service running on the same node.

please let me know what else I need to test ?

thanks

Meera

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It may be worthwhile to create CMS logs and check if they tell you anything. If you need help parsing the logs please create a phone incident via SMP.

Here are the basic steps for creating the logs:

1. Logon to Central Management Console (CMC).
  2. Navigate to Servers and go to the Properties of Central Management Server.
  3. Add the below statement to the command line properties-

-trace xs -fileLogFilter ScheduleThread.cpp,ScheduleLogic.cpp,RunnableFilter.cpp,RunnableCallback.cpp,SchedulePriorities.cpp,ScheduleObject.cpp,ServerCallback.cpp

1. Click on Save & Close.
  2. Restart the CMS. The logs should be available under the logging directory.

- Ludek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

antonette_oberholster
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Meera

IDT assigns the UNX extension to any universe created. If you created the universe on an OLAP connection, then it will still be seen as a UNV universe.

What are the details when you click on the pending status? Is it maybe waiting for an event to trigger?

Regards

Antonette

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antonette

Sorry, but what you say does not make any sense...

I had three co-workers look at this and they can not parse this out either. Can you please elaborate?

- Ludek