cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appeon mobile: Run Button starts old app

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the following issue with Appeon mobile: (Build 0366.00)

I deploy a mobile App from PB12.6 IDE to Appeon Server and choose "RUN".

The AWS Emulator opens and starts an old version of the app. I added a button on the start screen and it is not there.

More curious: If I add the app to the Appeon Workspace with "htttp://localhost/myapp" it starts the new version.

What is going on there?

Is there a cache to be deleted?

Is there a hidden option?

Do I have to delete the profile and edit it again?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Ludwin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludwin;

I cannot replicate this issue on my Appeon Mobile applications but, I am on version 0372.00.

Note: you should not need to add any application profile to the emulator (you can if you wish). It should always launch the latest successfully compiled version.

Could the issue be that you have two Appeon Mobile projects for the same application and deploying the wrong version (just a thought)?

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I migrated to build 372, but the issue still remains.

I had this before. It happens when I changed the path for the target.

For what reason ever, it seems that Appeon keeps the old path in some hidden place.

The only way I found is to delete the Application Profile and build a new one.

KR Ludwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludwin;

Ahhh .. OK - I just realized that you were talking about Appeon Mobile (aka AWS) product. I see that  you are using the mobile emulator. I have never used the emulator (except for Appeon 1.0 beta), so I probably do not see your issue. I only use real devices (Nexus 5 phone, iPhone 6, Nexus 7 tablet, and iPad) and they do not seem to have this issue (or at least I have never encountered it). Of course, I have shot myself in the foot with both PB, Appeon and many other development tools - so I tend to follow a refined process that keeps me out of trouble - LOL!

I would suggest though that you log this issue with Appeon Technical Support as this may be a reproducible problem at their end. The nice thing with Appeon is that their support is free (not like that other three letter company ).

FYI: http://support.appeon.com/

Regards ... Chris