Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy HTML5 Applications with neo client

DanielWerner
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello together,

Is there an way to deploy HTML5 Applications using the neo client (from the SDK) to HCP? Or is there some Tool, to deploy it using shell commands?

I am aware of "neo deploy", but this only deploys Java Applications.

We want to integrate the HCP in our CI git Process. I hope, somebody known a Method how to do this.

Thank you

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sascha_scholz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

unfortunately, there's no CLI integration or REST API available for HTML5 applications lifecycle management yet.

Sorry to not have better news for you.

Sascha

DanielWerner
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey Sascha,

Thank you for your answer.

I have made the step, to push the changes into the HCP Git Repository.

Now i thought about, if there is a possibility to call some kind of HCP API "Deploy Commit $hash as Version $foo"

So there is an Ajax Call in the HCP Cockpit /ajax/addHtml5AppVersion, which i may can call but i need a Way to create an X-ClientSession-Id for my S-User.

Does anybody something like that? Creating a X-ClientSession-Id using S-User/Pass? Or is there an external API to call /ajax/addHtml5AppVersion. Sadly an Basic Auth wont work here.

Daniel

sascha_scholz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Well, I don't adise to go via the Cockpit after doing the SAML login with a headless browser and extracting the client session id from the Cockpit welcome page. This is not API and could break at any time...

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

if you need some code doing the SAML2 Authentication of HCP then check out SAP HANA Cloud Authentication Proxy for HANA XS. I've just posted a comment to having the same issue that I need to automate HTML5 deployment. Let me know if you made any progress.

is the support to deploy HTML5 apps at least in the backlog?

Best regards

Gregor

sascha_scholz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, it's planned, but I should not promise anything.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Quite interesting that since the Beta release of HTML5 Applications on 8 May 2014 ( ) nobody asked for that. Do all customers deploy manually?

sascha_scholz
Explorer
0 Kudos

We already got some questions in this direction before, but not as many as I'd have expected taking into account the current adoption rate. So, for me it looks like that most customers deploy manually from Cockpit and Web IDE.

Answers (0)