cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How HRALXSYNC works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have gone through many threads but still didn't understand deeply about how HRALXSYNC report works. Could you please clarify my doubt below

1. I have deleted the address in BP for org unit in SRM system and ran HRALXSYNC report and have expected it to pick the address from HR system and update the same in SRM system again. But it dint. why so?

2.If HRALXSYNC only synchronizes with in SRM system, how is it done? where system will check and synchronize? can you please give any example to understand it.

Regards,

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198566
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasath,

1. HRALXSYNC will not update the address you have deleted, you might need to update it using PFAL.

2. The Business partner relationship between Person & org unit is updated in table BUT050 with the relationship BUR010.

The HRALXSYNC report  synchronize  Business partner of the person with the Business partner of the organizational unit  in the SRM organizational Structure with the relationship BUR010.

When this report is run using Run attribute check box this report doesn’t perform the actual update & can be used to verify errors per orgunit or per person proactively.

To understand how the check is done, you can refer to below link:

http://scn.sap.com/community/srm/blog/2016/04/25/uage-of-report-hralxsync-in-srm--part-1

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for you are reply. Do you mean to say that HRALXSYNC checks the table BUT050 for BUR010 relationship and then assigns postion to org unit in org structure. If yes, what will PFAL do?

Regards,

Prasath J

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasath,

I agree with Abhishek Kumar.

I suggest you check my wiki page https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/BwyIFQ.
Please read note 550055 for the settings in T77S0 table carefully.
The address control is via field OADBP & OADRE. Please set this well according to your expectation, and replicate the organization again using PFAL.

BR,
Ivy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ivy,

I have checked your wiki page and the T77S0 table.Entry is active for OADBP & OADRE. Let me put my quesiton like this, how can i test the functionality of HRALXSYNC.

Regards,

Prasath J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me how to test the functionality of HRALXSYNC to understand how it synchronizes and what it corrects.

Regards,

Prasath J

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Report HRALXSYNC should be scheduled as background job to take effect to replicate HR changes.
Meanwhile report RBDMIDOC should also be scheduled to collect all the HR changes in order to prevent performance issue.

For manual replication, you should only use PFAL in update mode.

BR,
Ivy

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasath

The wiki should have answered your query ?

To clear the basic functionality it will check both SRM User integration with the Org unit , Basic attributes setup in SRM is there or not , address etc whatever is mandatory in your system setting is maintained or not , BP is created successfully or not ,

This check can be performed for User or organization and to check thier relationship to each other

You may want to read this link as well :

HRALXSYNC Program in SRM overview - Supplier Relationship Management - SCN Wiki

Hope this helps

Regards

Vinita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ivy and Vinita for wiki's. I have seen those wiki's. Please correct my understanding below

1. PFAL replicates the org structure (O-S-P) and in SRM, BP is generated automatically for O and CP while replication. Wont the table BUT050 be updated after this replication?

2. After PFAL, HRALXSYNC is scheduled in back ground in SRM system to check whether the created BP has correct relationship between USER BP and ORG BP, address etc.. and update table BUT050.

If BP has wrong information or incorrect address or incorrect assignment by any chance, will HRALXSYNC check and correct it by making RFC to HR system ? or we have to manually check the error in batch job and replicate again (PFAL) from HR system? please suggest.

Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please clarify me about my doubt in previous reply.

Regards,

Prasad

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1, Yes, table BUT050/BUT052 should be updated with the relationship between organization and user for HR replication. As long as the relationship is set up well in HR system, it should be also updated n SRM side after successful replication.

2, The reason why report HRALXSYNC is scheduled as a background job is to update all the changes from HR system. Since HR system is leading system, once there is any change in HR side, they should be replicated and updated to SRM side. Or else there will be inconsistency between SRM and HR.

3, I don't think manually running report HRALXSYNC will correct the error. It can check out errors. Although it has functionality to correct errors, in most cases, it doesn't work from my experience. So once there is any error after running this report for specific object, we should check if there is any database inconsistency, and correct them via some Z-reports, and update this again with PFAL.
This is very complicated, and needs to be handled case by case.

BR,
Ivy

Answers (0)