Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Transfer query

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi PS Experts,

I have a question for budget transfer.

I need to transfer budget from WBS 144.1 to WBS 144.2 -- see below screen shot.

Can I transfer budget using CJ34?

I am asking the question because in help.sap.com site, it is mentioned as below

The sender and the recipient cannot belong to the same subtree.

Regds,

Ashwini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini,

You have a check button (F9) in CJ34 to test it...  I do not see any issue if these two elements are end-nodes.

On your screen however those 2 WBS-elements do not look like the end-nodes, and if the budget is allocated further below it can be a consistency issue.  If they are end-nodes from the budget allocation perspective theoretically I do not see an issue (because the total amount from the parent perspective does not change).

Regards,

Paulo

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Paulo. Will check this out.

Regards,

Ashwini

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

Paulo,

These are the last nodes where budget is allocated.

Do I need to return the transfer amount from 144.1 to parent wbs first and then from parent to 144.2?

Reason is I am getting error when sender is 144.1 and receiver is 144.2 in tcode cj34.

0 Kudos

Dear Ashwini,

You have to un release the overall and period budget in cj32 and then transfer the amount using cj34 after that release the budget again using cj32

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok, I checked in CJ32, this budget is not released. So can I not just transfer from 144.1 to 144.2 WBS (please see my earlier screen shot).

Regds,

Ashwini

0 Kudos

In CJ32 you need to remove the amount from the "release" column of the WBS element and then do the transfer from both period current and overall. after that you can transfer the amount in CJ34.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini,

Does you have Yearly distribution of thr budget. Error Message no. BQ008 refers to there is difference between the Overall and Yearly Budget.

Message refers to total of yearly budget for the WBS is more than Overall Budget. Kindly check the Cumulative value in CJ31.

if you are reducing Overall budget you need to reduce Yearly too. Please Maintain Financial year in CJ34 for reference and Tick Overall Too.

Regards,

Omkar Deshpande

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

Currently the Release column is blank. There are no release amounts against any wbs. However Assigned column has values.

0 Kudos

Can you please check whether you have ticked the "overall values too" as per attached image here

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini,

As per the inputs you provided, you have assigned value for WBS. So you can only transfer the available budget from the WBS. you cannot transfer the assigned budget as it is block for some activity and/or commitment and/or actuals.

Steps to perform the Budget Transfer

1. Run Transaction CJ34
  2. Enter Sender and Receiver Financial Year (If no yearly Budget Keep Blank)
  3. Tick Overall Too
  4. Enter Sender WBS and Receiver WBS And Budget to Transfer
  5. Check
  6. Post the document.(Save)

Regards,

Omkar Deshpande

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

Actually I was not ticking overall values, I was using only the year fields.

The error stopped when I entered both. The reason is that there was overall values in the budget and also data for year 2014.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the feedback

Answers (0)