cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draft handling / Editing documents via Fiori-like applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are developing multiple fiori-like applications and have heavy use-case of change/edit scenarios. The Change/Edit has to work across the fiori-like applications as well as the back end transactions.

For example,

In a third party ordering scenario, we will place third party orders via fiori-like application. However, the handling of third-party purchase orders will happen in the back end.

We want to be able to edit the order/PO and ensure that locking/concurrency etc is handled well.

Read through many forum posts/blogs, and got details regarding Optimistic locking. This looks good, however, the handling of the conflict becomes the responsibility of the application developer, which could get really tricky.

Reached out to SAP and got some direction/insight about Durable Enqueue/ Draft handling. Found the below link concepts section of Fiori design

guidelines.

https://experience.sap.com/fiori-design-web/concept/draft-handling/

I wanted to check if anyone in the forum has implemented draft handling or could help in pointing towards details of draft handling.

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Renjith John Andrews

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renjith John Andrews,

so much i know, i dont think sap has officially released this draft concept. There are some relevant classes in the system but they are still in experiment phase and are not really for productive use. I think that's why there are rare documents or tutorials in the internet. Please refer the following thread:

So i hope after techEd this year we can get more information about that.

Regards

Chris