cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Installation of PI NW 7.5 SP3 Failing During Mapping Execution

ChadRichardson
Participant
0 Kudos

We are in the process of migrating from PI 7.01 dual stack to PI 7.5 single stack.  We installed DEV with NW 7.5 and SP2 and got everything up and running just fine.  Since that implementation, however, SP3 came out so we decided to go with SP3 in our QA environment so that we would be at the latest release level.  We are unable to execute any interface scenario through the QA system.  All fail with a mapping execution error like the following:

Mapping "http:/xxxxx.com/xi/InterfaceScenario/Interface_IntMap" failed to execute: MappingException: Mapping failed, IllegalArgumentException: TransformerFactory does not recognize attribute http://sap.com/java/xslt/ext-classloader.

Exact same interface on DEV works fine.  Same interface, same XSL mapping files and we get errors.

Any ideas???

We are stumped...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chad,

Check the SAP note "2338800 - Messages Fail with Mapping Failed Exception in PI".

The note doesn't explain why the error occours but it solve the problem.

Regards,

Halsen

helmut_skolaut3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Confirm ...
The Note also helped with me !

Eoin_Kierans
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Chad,

Can you check if the option "Use SapXMLToolKit" is checked in the operation mapping. If this is the case can you uncheck this and test this once more?

Regards

Eoin

ChadRichardson
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Eoin,

The option "Use SapXMLToolKit" is checked in the operation mapping.  However, it is checked in our DEV SP2 environment as well and it works just fine there.  Why would we need to have different configurations in PI 7.5 environments with the only difference being one is SP2 and one is SP3???

Regards,

Chad

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same error message in my PO 7.5 scenario. I tried to set the configuration "com.sap.aii.ibrun.server.mapping.externalTransfomer is set to “true”

as informed by Harish Mistri. But It didnt work. PS. The same scenario on PO 7.4 DEV is working fine. Any ideas about this error is welcome...

Regards.

Halsen

ChadRichardson
Participant
0 Kudos

Being able to use XSL mapping is included in the base functionality of PI.  I am not sure what the reference to XSLT 2.0 is, but I checked the referenced configuration within our SP2 DEV system and that configuration is not set and XSL mappings work just fine.  Again I keep coming back to something missing in SP3 that is included in SP2.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chad,

It seems that external mapping configuration is not done in QA environment. Please refer the point 3 of below blog

also check the below blog

regards,

Harish