cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Move Subforms

0 Kudos

Hello,

I am very new to adobe forms. I was trying to copy and change the standard SD_SDOC_FORM01 (Sales Order) form. The issue I am facing is I am not able to control at all the positioning of the subforms. So then I deleted all the standard ones and created a subform of my own. But then also it always gets generated at the top left of content area and cannot be moved right at all.

I am quite perplexed as to why it won't let me change position of the subforms. I am guessing there is some setting being used that is doing this but I am unclear what it is. Changing type from flowed to positioned immediately sends the form to the second page from the first page.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Soumyajit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prajeshdesai
Contributor
0 Kudos

It's a very simple concept, that if your subform content is FLOWED then you cann't set the position of child control in that subform.

To change control position we have to make content type to POSITIONED.

We generally use FLOWED content type whenever we are working with tables, otherwise to play with other controls we use POSITIONED content type.

I your case,

Now suppose i want to move controls of MATERIAL sub-form,

Set Content to Positioned of MATERIAL sub-form only,

If you set Content Positioned of main Page (Sub-Form) than it will applied to all child also and that's why you see all controls are overlapping eachother.

Hope this make sense.

0 Kudos

Sorry for delayed response. I had figured it out earlier but somehow even after making it positioned it was still behaving weird. This is however the correct solution to this problem

Answers (0)