Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMS sender communication channel Issue when picking the messages from MQ

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My scenario is JMS to Proxy [Nfe] and we are on SAP PI 7.0.

Issue : JMS sender communication channel is not picking the messages from MQ.

Error in moni : Negative acknowledgement triggered by the process.

Note : We are using the same queue for other interfaces and we can able to pick the messages. We are facing issue with only one interface.

We have performed the following steps to fix the issue.

-->  Restarted the communication channel.

-->  Cleared the cache.

-->  Deleted the communication channel.

-->  Created background jobs to start and stop the communication channel.

-->  Set additional parameter Connection_Test_Poll =true in the communication channel.

Please help me to fix the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Bhargava Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

PriyankaAnagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargava,

Can you please let us know what is your scenario. If its just JMS to proxy and if the JMS sender channel is not picking, how you are able to see the error in MONI.?

Nfe scenarios usually involves BPM which might be triggering the negative acknowledgement.

I would suggest to check the BPM Workflow log to see where the actual issue is. Also, please provide the complete scenario details so that we can try to help further.

Regards,

Priyanka

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes my scenario involved BPM.

Interface: Event cancellation

Interface flow : SAP R/3 <--> SAP GRC <--> SAP PI<--> WMQ<--> SEFAZ

Scenario: We are sending event cancellation request to SEFAZ through WMQ, but JMS sender communication channel is not able to pick SEFAZ response messages from the queue for Events cancellation interface.

We are using same queue for other scenarios and can be able to pick the response messages from WMQ for the following interfaces

Batch, batch status, skipping and nfe status check.

We have checked the corresponding SEFAZ server availability, it is up and running and WMQ got response back from SEFAZ for event cancellation which is not picking by SAP PI.

Regards

Bhargava Krishna

PriyankaAnagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargava,

I understand the issue now. As the BPM is not receiving message (response) from MQ its triggering negative acknowledgement.

Also, you mentioned you are using the same MQ queue for other interfaces. Are you using the same queue name and MQ channel name(not PI comm. channel) in all the 4 JMS sender communication channels.??? If yes, this could also cause problems.
Below are my recommendations that you can try.

1. Stop all the other PI JMS sender communication channels that are using the same JMS channel & queue. Restart only the channel for Event Cancellation interface and see if its able to pick messages.

2. If the 4(Batch/Batch Status etc.)Communication channels are using the same MQ parameters, in the sender agreement of EventCacellation, use any other channel example use Batch one and see if this channel pick and send message to Event Cancellation BPM.

3. Also you can work with MQ team and stop all listeners for that MQ queue &have only your channel receiving messages and check the logs.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Priyanka

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

Yes it triggers negative acknowledgement when there is no response for the corresponding Nfe.

We have same queue name and MQ channel name in all the four JMS sender communication channels, same configuration we have in production too.

I'll try to implement your recommendations and let you know the status.

Regards

Bhargava Krishna

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have many JMS channels which should use the same queue then you must consider now going for message selectors concept too.

How to handle multiple message formats from 1 JMS Queue - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

Regards,

Vikas

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

We have created separate queue specific to event cancellation interface and tested the interface end to end. PI JMS sender communication channel can be able to picked one response message and from the 2nd message it is giving the same error [PI not able to pick the message from response queue].

We tried all the possibilities to fix the issue.

--> Restarted the communication channels.

--> Cleared the stuck messages in WMQ.

--> Created Dedicated queue for events interface.

--> Activated the channel with dummy changes.

--> Deleted and recreated the communication channel.

--> Rechecked the configuration.

--> No error identified in the JMS sender communication channel.

Issue fixed after restarting the SAP PI server

Regards

Bhargava Krishna