cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing Alert Subject in SAP PO7.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am working on Customizing Alert Subject in SAP PO7.5. Referring the following blogs but are these blogs applicable for PO7.5 as well ?

Also is there any work around other than whatever mentioned in these blogs if they are applicable for PO7.5?

Appreciate your valuable expert advice.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry to say straight answer is , except the idea given in the blog there is no other way to customize subject.

You can though change the content of the body of the alert with AlertConsumerJobV2

Configuring a Local Consumer on AS Java - Administering Process Integration (PI) - SAP Library

SAp note - 2088606 Information published on SAP site.

regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vikas,

Thanks a lot for a very good reply.

I am implementing File to File scenario to test this functionality. Created the following DT,MT,SI,MM,OM and ID part also is configured accordingly

Input FirstName and Last Name

Output FirstName and Last Name

In ID created ICO with sender and Receiver CC as File with FTP protocol

But not getting how to proceed for further to incorporate this functionality. Can you please guide me on this?

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Writing in the hope of some help.

Thanks in advance

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The links you have pasted in the the question that displays how to create ESR objects to manipulate alert API.

In the link the scenario is File to SOAP to Mail (alert).

Your scenario is File to File, I will suggest few points-standar

1. Convince your client not to pressurise on customized subject. This approach will degrade performance and lot of standard exceptions will be missed.

2. If still you wanna do it, in the File to File scenario handle exceptions in mapping , if any condition fails in mapping then call the redirect it to another channel (extended receiver determination) which will be soap channel with URL to alert API. then use bridge conecept to redirect response to mail channel as shown in link..

point 2 is not a recommended thing.

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vikas,

Thanks a lot once again for a very valuable help. The blog I am referring to is actually showin only File to Mail to SOAP alert scenario. Mine are scenarios like File to SFTP and File to FTP.

One help is needed from your side since I am very new to SAP PI, how to do the following in PI technically

1.File to File scenario handle exceptions in mapping

2.if any condition fails in mapping then call the redirect it to another channel (extended receiver determination) which will be soap channel with URL to alert API

3.. then use bridge conecept to redirect response to mail channel as shown in link..

Will be really grateful to you for your help.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to create a custom job in SAP PO using the blog

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2013/11/18/customized-alerts-in-sap-po

My requirement is to customize the alert subject. Will the logic incorporated in the blog is sufficient to meet my requirement?

Secondly, I an new to SAP PO and code deployment using NWDS. Can you please let me know if my understanding is correct?

I will have to write the entire code in NWDS and will have to deploy it using the same way as we deploy BPM process, right?

If so, which view I need to write the code in? How to import the jar files? Can someone please help me on these steps?

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

The only thing I need to know about this error is what shpuld be the logic in the class RetrieveAPI.

The method ConsumerMethod will perform the task of consuming alerts from store using "AlertRetrieveAPI" and formatting the alert text. 

Really appreciate your help. Its really urgent.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Replying in the hope of an answer.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Can someone please guide me on this?

Is Customizing Alert Subject allowed in SAP PO7.5? I was reading a post wherein it was mentioned that for PO7.4 its not allowed and only email content can be customized. Is it so?

Appreciate your expert advise.

Thanks in advance.