cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI-Masking reports and Selects protection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you help me please with one question about UI Masking. We are masking DATA on the interface level and on the SE16 level. And how can we mask DATA in reports for example in sapquery or when we use SELECTs. Do we protect DATA in this situation using UI-Masking or user can see it in reports?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rashda_khanam
Employee
Employee

Dear Sergey,

UI Masking solution works based on the configuration of table name and field name. Masking can be done using the UI Masking solution in SE16 by configuring the table name and field name.

Masking in the output of the reports is also possible as long as the table name and field name can be obtained on the output screen of the report by pressing F1.

The output of the SAP query creates a ALV Grid Display. If the fields are configured, they would be masked in SAP Query as well. If a new query is created, then that tablename-fieldname needs to be configured for masking to work as the tablenames are dynamically generated for each query.

Masking in interfaces is not in the scope of the UI Masking solution. You may refer SAP Note 2110725 for other considerations when using the UI Masking solution.

Hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you want a demo of the UI Masking solution. The development team and the product owner Tobias Keller (tobias.keller@sap.com) would be happy to conduct a demo session to walk you through the UI Masking solution and take up any further queries you would have.

Regards,

Rashda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rashda ,

Does UI making Support SAP NW 7.4 ? our current support pack is on NW 7.4 ?

tobias_keller3
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Parag,

yes, UI Masking is available for NW7.40 ("on HANA").

You can also refer to SAP note 2246841 on prerequisites for UIM.

Best,

Tobias

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member639690
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

I was tying to implement the UI masking in my current system. It was working earlier after completing the configuration in SDMSK and SRALMANAGER.

But now its does not seems to work and it always replaces the whole value with asterix.

Upon further debug I found that in program SDYNPDMSK form DMSK_DYNPRO the call to C-program AB_GET_C_PARMS does not return the P5 (Rule Name) and P6 (Rule Mask) parameters.

Can you please let me know what can be the probable root cause?

Thanks,

Sayak