Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade / Migration of Test Cases from SAP Solman 7.1 to 7.2

rohan_shirude
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client having around 10,000 Test Cases in Solman 7.1 and now client is going for upgrade from Solman 7.1 to 7.2.

My question here is will all 10,000 test cases can upgrade/migrate successfully to 7.2 as SOLAR01/SOLAR02 T.Code's does not exists in Solman 7.2 or do we need create manually all the 10,000 cases again in 7.2?

Regards,

Rohan Shirude

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan.

All the needed information can be found in content activation guide. Please look at this site, there you will find more. Unfortunately as for now you are not able to update to 7.2 and use test management, at least you have to wait for general availability - SP3.

SAP Solution Manager 7.2 Content Activation - Solution Manager - SCN Wiki

Hope it helps.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bernd_honsa
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

to my knowledge the migration of the test cases in the configuration from 7.1 to 7.2 solution documentation should be not an issue. It is important that you have finished your test plans in the meaning of finished the related test phase due to no migration of existing test plans is possible. The old test plans can be displayed but there are not changeable any longer.

More details about preparation and the upgrade to 7.2 related for the Test Suite you'll find here:

https://support.sap.com/content/dam/library/SAP%20Support%20Portal/support-programs-services/solutio...

But first of all you have to wait until 7.2 SP3 is available.

Hope it helps.

rohan_shirude
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Bernd for your reply...!!!

Let's wait for SP3.