cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business systems and Business Components in SLD in SAP PI

0 Kudos

Hello,

Can anyone explain me in detail in what situation do we create business system and business component in SLD? Putting it simple, What is the deciding factor which determines whether to create a business system or business component in SLD in SAP PI.?

Please share your valuable thoughts.

Thank you!

Omkar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Hello,

maybe I can contribute a few more precise differences between these two terms.

Business Systems in the SLD provide information about the installed product versions, main instances and hence software component versions (SWCVs). Furthermore, they are assigned to a concrete Integration Server.

Having this information, we can do the following:

1. Interfaces: when you open a business system in the Directory for the first time, it will take while to load the sender and receiver interfaces. Reason: we query the SLD for the installed product versions and SWCVs and in the second step, we query the interfaces from ESR for those SWCVs (in case they are also imported to ESR). So you automatically get the list of suitable and available interfaces.

2. WS adapter (but not WS_AAE): business systems with SAP BASIS > 7.10 receive an additional tab in the business system editor. Here you can enable cache notifications and provide credentials for the connection to the business system. When you activate communication channels and agreements based on WS adapter for this business system, the Directory notifies it so that it can load the cache content and perform the web service configuration automatically.

3. Transport: when you transport configuration objects from e.g. Dev to Q system for a particular business system assigned to Dev, we try to determine the corresponding counterpart on the transport target system and automatically exchange configuration object keys and content with the "target business system" during import. However, this requires the definition of a "business system mapping" between the two different XI domains in the target SLD (or your central SLD respectively). The configuration of such transport groups is explained here.

Best regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Omkar!

Generally, the "Business System" term relates to a specific system in the landscape and can be assigned from SLD. In its turn "Business Component" represents an abstract entity for which landscape attributes are not defined. So, in common, Business System should be used for systems in local landscape, and Business Component is its analog used for any system from outside.

Hope it is a clear explanation.

Best regards!

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Omkar,

This is a a question that you can found easily in SCN, for example: Difference between Business System and Business... | SCN

In my experience i set a business system when i have a SAP ERP system involved and this belongs to my environment, for example for proxies or idocs scenarios. Check this link

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can anyone explain me about this? or atleast suggest weblink which I can refer to?

Thanks

Omkar