Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Specification issue

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having issue with Material Specification for material which is used in two different plants. Scenario is as follows.

I have raw material in two different plants lets say plant 1000 and Plant 1100. When this raw material is received from vendor it undergoes Quality inspection.

In Plant 1000 we check pH of the material and in plant 1100 for the same material we check Viscosity that means we will check different MIC's in different plants.  We are using Material specifications instead of Inspection Plans due to data maintenance issue

We created Material specification as follows.

Now when I create Inspection lot in the plant 1100 in the inspection lot both MIC's are coming instead of MIC of 1100 i.e. VISCOSIT as shown below. Requirement is corresponding plant MIC' should be selected in the Inspection lot in that Plant. How to do this.

Thanks

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

holger_hartung
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need work wit inspection plans for each plant. Mat. spec is plant independetly!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

for this you need to be craeted Two inspection plan in the system as per your inspection requirement plant 1000 and 1100 . and attached the rescpective inspection plan in recpective plant code which you need .

Regards

Ankit saxena 

former_member185453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar Sir,

As per my understanding the "Material Specification" setting is done at client level not at Plant level. We can assign any Plant Specific MICs (not incomplete copy model) here but when the system generates the Insp. lots all MICs will be assigned (as per your scenario) to Inspection lot.

Try to do the inspection with Task List, it will work.

Waiting for reply from our experts.

Regards

S Ahmed

former_member337613
Participant
0 Kudos

If you want to separate the results recording for each plant you have to specific the selected sets using transaction QS51. This allows you to assign the characteristics (maintained in QS41) to a specific plant.

Hope this helps.

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Your statement is fully true.

The misunderstanding that often occurs with material specifications is that the column "plant" is associated with a relation of the matspec to a plant. This is not true (matspecs are always client specific). The plant column just displays the plant of the inspection characteristic.

MH

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

I did not try but I doubt that this works. Where in the matspec would you use selected sets?

MH