cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use BIC mapping tool in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Expert

We use BIC adapter to exchange data with seeburger. Our PI is 7.4 dual stack.

I know how can I use BIC Mapping tool however I don't know I can I use the Mapping result in PI.

Export something such as XSLT mapping ? Could you give me some suggestion and example?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

As you are aware to develop the BIC mapping in Mapping tool

Once the mapping meets your requirement need to create the .sda file

And deploy the same in Java stack of PI and at module you need to mention the mapping name to get that mapping executed dynamically

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b014e657-39fc-2b10-31a5-ffa81efa9...

Hope this helps

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John

BIC Mapping tool - Tool to create BIC Mapping. The mapping needs to deploy on adapter. refer the below doc

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b014e657-39fc-2b10-31a5-ffa81efa9...

The BIC mapping is used in adapter module, please check the blog from Prateek Raj Srivastava's Stuff | SCN

If you are doing EDI flat to EDI XML conversion from BIC tool then you can trigger the same XML from SAP PI test tool. this is to test end to end scenario.

if you are doing EDI XML to EDI flat then you need to consume the PI output (EDI XML) in BIC mapping tool.

Hope this help

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Harish

According the document , I have one option to convert XML(getting from SOAP) directly to EDI flat in mapping tool.  Is the way I should configure in PI as below.

1. Create reciever service interface which structure is the same as sender service interface in

ESR.

2. Create mapping for these 2 service interfaces just for Interface determine in integration builder.

3. Create the real mapping in BIC mapping tool to convert XML(getting from SOAP) to EDI flat.

4. Generate SDA and deploy  to PI.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zohn,

The Mapping generated by BIC tool (BIC mapping) is deployed on adapter engine and in ESR. So this mapping needs to use in communication channel adapter module. you do not need to create any passthrough scenario just to convert EDI XML to EDI flat or EDI Flat to EDI XML. If you configure your sender adapter with BIC it will do the conversion.

regards,

Harish