cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock or Block a Rebate agreement in SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a requirement to create a maker-checker workflow inside the transactions VBO1 (Create Rebate agreement) and VBO2 (Change Rebate agreement) for any new rebate agreement created or any existing rebate agreement changed respectively. In order to achieve this, i have thought of the below solution:

• Create an ABAP workflow inside the transactions VBO1 and VBO2
  • On Saving the agreement under transactions VBO1/VBO2, trigger a workflow and Lock/Block the rebate agreement through some logic such that it should prevent any transactions on the new or changed agreement until the workflow item is closed.
  • On workflow approval or closure, remove the agreement lock/block and allow further transactions like data change, accrual, payout, settlement etc.

My question is  - Is there is any way to lock/block a rebate agreement through any means such that no transactions are possible on it?

Please note that this lock/block is temporary and has to  be flexible in nature. I tried to use the status options inside the agreement but to no avail. Request your advice on the above.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Sujith

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sujith,

I had seen this 'approval of new or any changes in existing rebate agreements, then agreement is active (accruals will happen)' in one of my client's systems.

My question is  - Is there is any way to lock/block a rebate agreement through any means such that no transactions are possible on it?

They used to setup the deletion indicator automatically for a newly created rebate agreement. And after approvals, the workflow and ABAP enhancement would automatically remove this deletion indicator.

The deletion indicator is at condition record level. When this indicator is set/active, then the record becomes inactive (accruals will not happen).

You mention change in rebate agreements too need approvals. What type of change are you talking about? Value, percentage change in condition records in an agreement? If yes, then you need to check what will happen to the accruals done previously because of this record, as this solution states to put deletion indicator on record level.

Also, do you want the entire rebate agreement to be put in "ON HOLD" status, when a change is done? or just those records where changes are done?

Do users have access to VBO1 and VBO2 transactions? If yes, then what stops them to "approve" or remove this deletion indicator directly bypassing the approval process? Process design and buy in from client / business users are important.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello TW Typewriter,

Many thanks for your quick response to my query.

The solution of using deletion indicator at condition record level works to some extent but then i thought there is a risk of someone doing a VBOF run for that particular agreement while a deletion indicator is set and that can reverse all accruals already done on that agreement. Also, my requirement was to put ON HOLD the entire agreement such that no action including VBOF, payouts, manual accruals etc. is allowed. Like i said, a full lock/block of the agreement is what is desired.

Regarding the changes in rebate agreements that i was talking about, that includes any change of value, %, validity, currency, deletion indicator etc., again as i said, a full lock mode.

And finally, yes, our users do have access to VBO1 and VBO2 transactions. Even in that case, i was thinking to control/stop the bypassing of lock/block/deletion indicator through ABAP enhancement etc.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Sujith

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On Saving the agreement under transactions VBO1/VBO2, trigger a workflow and Lock/Block the rebate agreement through some logic such that it should prevent any transactions on the new or changed agreement until the workflow item is closed.

Sujith,
Prevent any transaction on new or changed rebate agreement - How are you planning the design of this? How will the system stop VBOF for a "locked" agreement?

Why does business want to lock agreements? Business reason.

How are you thinking of showing that a rebate agreement is locked? If business user wants to see then how will s/he?

TW