cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the Combo Box

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to use the combo box, so that the users can type as well as go through the drop down and pick there choice.

But I have three issues

1. Whats happening is as soon as I type it in and hit submit it will not do anything, until and unless I click on the drop down and then go and click submit.

2. The combo box is a text box and the numbers are not sorted, is there a way to sort numbers for a combo box

3. How do I make the selection appear as the user is typing, for example If I type in 55, it should bring all the entries starting with 55.

I am using Entrylist which is derived by a standard BAPI.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Naseer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naseer,

1) Your submit button needs an action. Define a action under properties --> action.

2) You can check the checkbox sort in your dynamic entry list, then the values will be sorted.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

I have selected the action as "System Action" "Submit" "Self". But it still does not work.

The other thing is the COMBO box is a TEXT box and the Values are "NUMBER" values so even when I select "sort" at the Entrylist level it would not sort it properly, simply because COMBO BOX is a Text box.

Please let me know if I am clear enough in explaining myself.

Waiting for you reply..

Thanks a lot Marcel.

Naseer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you defined the action in your button? (Or in which component)

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is on the Submit Button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you debuggt it with the flash debugging console? Is there also no action fired? You can also use the external debugging of your RFC to check if an action is fired.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whats that? and how to use it?

please advise

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to options --> Compiler --> Check the checkbox for the debugging console.

Best Regards,

Marcel