Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why cant I using negative stock.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

this issue is driving me crazy,

i checked several threads in the forum regarding negative stocks. But i still can not allow this to a customer stock.

I have done the setting in SPRO as follows, :

in material :

however, I tried to post GI, always get the same error message

I even changed the Priciing control in material accounting view, from V to S ( MAP to standard ) , but still get the same message.

The background, is we have pallets management , if the pallets are returned, we would use header material to document price and item material to calculate the stock. So we have a BOM for that. I am not quite sure, if any settings need to be done on the BOM level. ( i changed both material as negative stock allowed ) .

even i changed to "S" , the error message is still with V like above.

Could any one tell me what is exactly the problem?

Thanks a lot !!!!

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

schaganti1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Recke

in negative stock have clicked on the storage location tab there we need to tick the storagelocation u want to allow negative stock.

secondly change the error message of m7 021 into empty or warining in inventory and physical inventory, it will help to you process the goods issue.

Regards

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Sudhakar,

u can find the tick is already set in material ( screenshot above ).

secondly, do u know how to change the error msg ?

thanks

regards

schaganti1
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

Not in materila master, in storage location to that particular plant (see the screen shot) and also attaching to change the message.

Regards

Sudhakar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys:

it works now. After the setting in SPRO regarding the storage location.

Thanks all !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Recke,

you have to allow negative posting at plant level as well as at company code level. Check OBY6 whether you have allowed "negative posting permitted" apart from the configuration in MM. If it still gives you error then you need to convert the error message into warning message.

S. Satyajit

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your availability checking rule in the material master? Set it to KP (no check) and try again.

I wonder why you think that the price control has something to do with a deficit of quantity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

thanx for the answer, we have in material master, the ZP - No check /w salesreq, and i assume, it is the same as KP. I still tried KP, same error

any other suggestions ?

regards

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the movement type you are using?  Normally, for consignment (customer) stock, it would be 631

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, G. Lakshmipathi

i have in delivery the goods movement type for this item 622, how can i config, to make it to 631 ?

our situation is, customer return the pallets which is "lend" from us, then customer stock should reduce, and our stock should increase. And for customer stock, negative should be allowed.

Regards