cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System copy setup target system R3load

former_member276298
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I try to do a system copy from prod to an existing qas using hte r3load method. I'm using the latest swpm and the kernle belonign to this swpm.

I have 2 questions.

1. I want to uninstall the DB only using the sapinst. It won't let me. (options grayed out) Only listener is running and all instances are stopped.

Why  not..

2. Installing the target system using the created export from PROD does not go any further then installing common file systems. (2nd step) It doesn't report any errors but just doesn't do anything. Only messags appearing are messageas about directories that do already exist with a nothing to do message.

it's a UNIX system running Oracle.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hendrikweise
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Good morning,

what NetWeaver release are we talking about?

For 1., you cannot do this for Netweaver releases 7.1 and lower (Refresh use case).

If your NetWeaver basis is 7.1 and higher you can follow your approach but it's

not necessary to uninstall the database (it will be just refreshed with the data of PROD).

In case of 2., it's related to 1. (Refresh possible, yes/no). But more clarity we'll have once

I checked the sapinst_dev.log.

Best regards,

Hendrik

former_member276298
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Good morning Hendrik,

The netweaver version we are using is 7.0 EHP2. I do not want to uninstall the database but I did find it a bit strange that is was't possible to do so. If I,m trying to refresh it with the exported data it just hangs at the step installing common files system.

Could you sent me the link to the information stating  that using the R3load method is not possible for this netweaver version.

Thanks in advncance.

Kind regards,

Lawrence

hendrikweise
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Lawrence,

it's a bit confusing because first you wrote:"I want to uninstall the DB only using the sapinst"

and in your last reply: "I do not want to uninstall the database..."

To quote the system copy guide for the NetWeaver 7.02 release:

"Refresh

Overwriting of an already existing target system with the database content from a source system.

The refresh use case is not supported using the software provisioning manager."

Direct link to the document: https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001419502012E

You find the lines in chapter "1.2 Naming conventions".

R3load method is perfectly possible however the crucial fact is that the target system must

not be existing yet. It will be installed by SWPM.

Best,

Hendrik

former_member276298
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Hendrik,

Sorry for confusing you but thanks for the answer. After reading the system copy documentation many times it seems that I missed this part.

Thanks for your support.

Kind regards,

Lawrence

hendrikweise
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Thank you, Lawrence. You're welcome!

Have a nice day,

Hendrik