cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Treatment of Return Credit Memo if Rebate is Closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Business Scenario:- During Invoice rebate is applied and after paid to customer fully through settlement process. Now rebate is closed and customer return the goods so we generate Return order--> Return Delivery-> Return Credit memo. After that manually we have to check whether reference invoice was related to rebate so we generate debit memo request and Debit memo.

Requirement:- Business user doing lots of invoice and return credit memo every month which is very time consuming to find the respective invoice in which rebate was applied. Requirement to do same thing in SAP system which should calculate correct rebate amount which need to raise Debit memo request and Debit memo automatically.

Kindly Suggest any solution for this  process with logic.

Regards

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arun,

Please explain the rebate discount re-charged to the customer, in case the return process is done before the close of an agreement.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI TW,

Please explain in details to me.

Regards

Arun

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arun,

My above question was not answering your question, it was for understanding when rebate agreement is still open and customer returns the goods, then how business is creating a debit memo request. Is this handled by SAP or is the calculation done manually, and this amount is fed into a debit memo request VA01 i.e. DMR created outside of VBO2?

There should be a business agreement (rule) in place, for how many days/months (after receiving the goods, in a sales cycle) can the customer return it. And for that period keep the rebate agreement open and after that period do the final settlement. I am not sure, after rebate agreement is closed if you can do anything, as the agreement becomes uneditable.

TW

edit: correction - when rebate agreement is open, then with creation of the return billing document the accruals will be adjusted automatically (decreased). Here debit memo request, debit memo are not required.

The debit memo process comes in to picture when the rebate agreement is closed i.e. after final settlement, customer is returning the goods. As described by

Message was edited by: TW Typewriter