cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable Costing of Material Components into Planned total by default?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to disable Material Components planned value addition into the Activity's and Project's Planned total.

If we plan a Material for an Activity, the Planned value reflects as follows:

Planned Material:

Activity's Planned Value (CTRL+F11):

Project Planned Value (as in S_ALR_87013532 and CJ31):

We want that just the Costs Activity's inserted Amount to be taken into consideration:

Right now, we see we can make this happen if we manually uncheck the "CostRel" (Relevancy to Costing) checkbox on the Material Component:

But we want that behavior to be taken by default.

Is there any costumizing/SPRO route that we can take to achieve this or something similar?

Thanks a lot for the help!!

Leo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In the past I have tried for a long time to find standard ways for achieving exactly what you are needing. Unfortunately I did not find a standard solution and the standard system always determined the state of the field "CostRel" based on the parameters explained in the notes mentioned above by Terencce.

Finally I concluded that it is impossible to run away from customer-exits or BAdIs and exit "EXIT_SAPLCOMK_011" could do the job well. This exit is in principle not intended to change fields in the material component, but rather just to validate them. Nevertheless I believe that changing fields without many dependencies like the field "CostRel" should not harm.

As inside this exit the material component data is in principle not modifiable you would have to get the reference of structure RESBD from program SAPLCOMK using field symbols (something like assign ('(SAPLCOMK)RESBD') to <fs>) and then unset field SANKA in case it is set. Also in order for the change in field SANKA to be kept after saving it is also necessary to set field SANKA_CHG.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marcos for your reply and insight.

I am also arriving to the same conclusion, after sweeping Customizing options for so long.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you need a pre defined amount on cost activity as planned amount? Then from where would the actual cost come from for this material?

Do you just want to project higher plan cost and the material cost as actual cost?

I first felt you needed non valuated stock in projects.

What is the business scenario?

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As per my assumption always value comes by costing variant but not dependently because costing variant required some source then SAP reccommand valuation variant assign to costing variant with customised parameter.

with the help of FICO consultant and business concept user. so check what you want to do?

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Thanks for your reply.

I can't get your point.

Do you have a transaction or SPRO path where to make the configuration change you are suggesting?

For this case, I am the one that makes the configuration changes, and am asking where I can change the configuration that would produce the desired effect.

Thanks a lot,

Leo

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

Refer below note to understand about this fields standard setup

677169 - FAQ 2: Material and Project System

533207 - Valuated and nonvaluated project stock

There can be multiple ways on achieving it.

1. Enhancement to check on save to remove the check

2. Screen variant SHD0

In case if any alternate way available wil update this thread.

Also kindly note this indicator is related to BOM

Regards

Terencce

JarleiN
Active Participant
0 Kudos

ONe way is inform the material status in Material master data to avoid cost calculation. If you don´t have this option, is possible create a new status just regarding cost calculation (OMS4).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jarlei,

How does one

inform the material status in Material master data to avoid cost calculation

?

JarleiN
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Access MM02;

Look the vision Basic Data; field Status Matl (to look the material in the entire environment)

Or

Vision MRP1

Field Matl. Status (to lock the material just in the plant)

Choose the appropriate Code Status (if you don´t know what the code status does, take a look in the customizing - OMS4).

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in OKK4, by changing the Valuation variant - 001 Planned Variant - Remove the priority

Create a new project and check

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

With OKK4, I got to change the Valuation Price taken from the Material Master Data. That was by changing the sequence on "Material Val" tab, at Valuation variant 010, "Network: Planned" (Tried 001, "Planned Valuation: Mat." but it doesn't change behavior).

Until now, the only that changes is the Price taken into consideration, but I can't choose to live it black, with no Strategy. If I select a Price that has no value, then the system throws the following error:

This lets one save the Project, but it's not a desired outcome.

Putting 0.01 USD at Planned Price 1, 2, or 3 seems wrong approach to me. Any input?

Thanks as always!

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

I guess this what is possible from PS side, may be discuss with MM consultant, whether they can do any thing with material master or in condition type

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

What about the "CosRel" or "Indicator for Relevancy to Costing" on the Material Component?

Do you know of some way to configure it is unchecked by default?

Thanks for your answers, as always.

Leo

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

This indicator can be set inactive, if you explode BOM in cj20n.

In the BOM, you need to keep the CostingRelevncy blank, when you explode this BOM in CJ20N then the CostRel indicator will not be checked.

Another way is done via User Exit

Regards

Terence