cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Immediate Delivery when Sales order is created based on shipping point

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have already created the discussion for this but closed thought that the answer proposed in the thread will work but it doesn't.

The reason is I have written a BAPI function module to create the delivery document based on SO but as per the standard process, it throws a ROLL BACK update dump due to the DO tries to post and update in the DB before the SO get updated in the DB. It throws a run-time error and in VA01, the error message shows the SO doesn't exist or archived.

I have tried the BAPI logic both in MV45AFZZ and in NACE->V1Output medium. Both have failed to meet the solution and ends with a run-time error.

Can anyone of you face this situation and it would be nice if you have any other better solution to meet the requirement. In simple terms, when SO is posted, it will immediately create an outbound delivery document but only to the items related specific to shipping point (ex:0020).

Ex: If SO has 2 items, 000001 item is shipping point as 0060 and 000002 item is shipping point as 0020, the immediate or automated DO will be created only for shipping point 0020.

I knew that, functionality is there to set the Sales order poting->Immediate DO creation based on Sales order type. Do you have any exit/Badi enhancement to create the DO specific to the shipping point items and delete the non-specific items before it get posted.

Kindly note, it is working for VA02 OR change in Sales order reissuing output.

Please reply your valuable inputs.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when SO is posted, it will immediately create an outbound delivery document but only to the items related specific to shipping point (ex:0020).

Mani,

Set up a background batch job which will run every 10 or 15 minutes, this job will create the deliveries automatically. In the variant of VL04 you can input the relevant shipping point and other information. This will not require any development (enhancement). Many of my clients have setup this way of working WOW.

If you search with delivery + batch job, you will get lots of information

Delivery creation - Batch Job | SCN

TW