cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the scanner in the C4C extended APP for IPAD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we use the scanner in the APP for adding products in our sales orders and it works quite fine.

But there are 2 problems:

If i scan a product C4C always choose the sales measure unit and not the measure unit of the scanned product. So i have to change this

afterwards.

The second thing is, that the scanner closes after i have scanned a product. So i have to open it again if i want to scan another product to add

it in the sales order.

Has anyone an idea or other experiences with the scanner? And are there other customers who would be happy if SAP would fix these little bugs?

much Greetings

Daniel Rader 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sebastine_A
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

You are right, every GTIN is assigned to a certain UoM. The expected behaviour is to pick up that UoM on using the barcode scan. If you do notice a different behaviour, please raise an incident.

If you use the built-in camera based scanning, then yes it does one-by-one to help you maintain details after scanning. The continuous scanning is more of a scenario with external scanners. We do support Honeywell Sleds as of now as an external scanner and do plan to support more.

Regards,

Sebastine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastine,

I have few questions about the bar code scanner. Really appreciate your speedy reply on this.

1.Does Bar code scanner work for a Specific industry solution?

2. How it works. I mean do we need an extra device to do the same?

Regards.

Snigdha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Snigdha,

1: The barcode scanner works in a Sales Order and is not limited to a specific industry solution.

2: You can use the scanner via a tablet in combination with the C4C extended edition app.

KR,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Thanks a lot for your speedy reply.

Regards,

Snigdha.

former_member192750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are enabling the scanner for more scenarios in the upcoming releases.

Please check the release notes for further updates!

Regards,

Ankan

former_member192750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

The in-built scanner is targeted for scanning single products at a time for the moment.

Regarding the Unit of Measure being picked up - this is the defined behavior after the scan matches a GTIN, it's UoM is the one that is selected.

Could you detail the business scenario?

Regards,

Ankan