cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass value mapping replication from excel sheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I could find many blogs/questions on replicating value mapping data in SAP R/3 tables to XI runtime. But my requirement is to replicate the value mapping data from an excel sheet to XI runtime. I have just two columns in the excel sheet, first column with country codes and second column with currency codes in the following format:

United States USD

Canada CAD

United Kingdom GBP

My understabding is:

1) I need to define a data type (with two fields, one for country code and one for currency code)

2) Define a message type using the above data type.

3) The create a message mapping using the above message type as the source structure and the message type ValueMappingReplication in namespace http://sap.com/xi/XI/System in the basis SWC as the target structure. I have few question about the mapping to be done here.

Operation - Is it to be mapped to constant "Insert"?

GroupID - What should I map to this field?

Context - Do I have to map this to a constant value other than "http://sap.com/xi/XI" indicating that value mappind data resides outside ID?

Scheme and agency - Where do I specify the scheme and agency for sender and receiver systems? The "ValueMappingReplication" message type has just one set of scheme and agency.

Finally, where in the ValueMappingReplication" message type do I specify the source (e.g. value of country code, say "United States" and the value of currency code, say "USD" for both source and target systems?

4) Once message mapping is developed, create an interface mapping

5) Create an integration scenario in the ID.

6) I guess I have to place the excel sheet in the NFS of XI and then use file adapter for parsing out data from excel sheet into XML format. Can anyone please let me know what kind of content conversion needs to be used in the file adapter to convert data in excel sheet to XML format with in XI?

7) I guess I have to use XI adapter to specify login details of the XI system (receiver for the value mapping scenario)

😎 Create receiver determination, interface determination, sender and receiver agreements as for any other scenario.

Does this scenario have to be up and running always? Or is it sufficient that I get the value mapping data into XI runtime and then execute this scenario only as and when there are changes/additions to the excel sheet data?

Do we need to use java proxy at the XI end in this case? I assume we don't need to write any ABAP report since the vale mapping data resides in an excel sheet and not in SAP R/3.

Would be great if someone can respond to the above questions.

Thanks..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarah,

The blogs Satish has suggested are for looking up the values directly from the excel sheet (though not exactly from excel but ways to do so). But if you are strictly looking towards value mapping, the following are the answers from my side.

1. The points 1 and 2 are correct.

2. In the mapping, the Operation is insert only when you want to insert new values. When you want to update existing ones, you will have to delete the new entries first and then insert the new ones again as in Value Mapping, there is no operation called Update.

3. Group ID - The Group ID is generally not available and you will have to generate it. If the value is coming from SAP, it will have a group ID. Else here is what I would suggest.

In the integration Directory, go to Value Mapping Groups. Create a new group with just one pair from your table. This would give you a new group and a groupID. refer to SAP help for creation of the Value Mapping Groups in ID.

Once you get the group ID, you can use this as a constant while mapping.

4. Context depends on you and the naming standards your company/client follows. You can however map it to the default "http://sap.com/xi/XI". I would suggest "http://sap.com/xi/XI".

5. Scheme and Agency are again better to create/define in the Integration directory as mentioned above. (Follow SAP Help for this).

6. While updating the VMR, you will have to provide both the source and target values. You will be mapping these to the "Value" in the structure.

7. The other points are correct. Do not forget to get the path from the SAP help for VMR. It has to be used in the XI adapter (receiver).

However if you are doing this for the first time, then you need to register the VMR proxy. You can do this by generating a Java Proxy out of the VMR interface. Deploying it in the Visual Admin and registering it as a proxy. The URL for registering a proxy is provided in SAP help. You must do these before you run the scenario. Or else, it is most likely that you will get a Bean not registered error.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Sarath

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please Guide me for VMR.

I am confused with Mapping.

Best Regards,

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarah,

I would suggest to maintain this in a database and do the lookup. Check this weblogs on this:

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/27/sap-xi-lookup-api-the-killer

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/23/lookup146s-in-xi-made-simpler

/people/william.li/blog/2007/03/30/using-jdbc-connection-pool-in-xi-message-mapping

Also check this thread:

---Satish