Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No customer field of search results

helmut_schrder
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have created a customer field in the incident structure.

We can select this field in the search area because we have done some customizing.

We can not add this customer field in the search result list because it is not available in the list of available columns.

We do not find any SAP notes or documentations. What can we do? Many thanks.

Best regards,

Helmut Schröder

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Helmut,

There are 2 ways to create new fields in CRM Web UI:

1. Application Extension Tool (AET)

2. Custom Development

The following link explain the advantages and disadvantages of each one:

How to create new fields: AET Vs Custom Development - CRM - SCN Wiki

In summary, AET is UI-driven and require no technical/development background.

I would recommend to use AET for most of cases. On the other hand, if you need to add some logic flow or control the field behaviour, you may need to perform some custom development.

When using AET, you have the option to define the search relevance for the new created fiel. So, this will allow you to make the field available for search and result list:

I have always used the context node CUSTOMER_H/BTCUSTOMERH to create the new fields and always worked.

For a detailed step-by-step, see the following link:

Step by step to create new fields on UI via Application Extension Tool - CRM - SCN Wiki

Last but not least, there is no specific documentation for CRM Web UI in ITSM or ChaRM. Once this is part of CRM functionality and SolMan is only using it, you may need to search for CRM documentation.

Anyway, there is a very helpful wiki about CRM Web UI and I recommend you to take a look at that:

CRM Web Client UI Framework - CRM - SCN Wiki

I hope it helps.

Cheers,

Fernando

0 Kudos

Hi Helmut,

If the field is available in search area then you can add it to the result list too.

Enable the configuration mode in the UI, click on the 'show configurable area' button and select the 'Result List' area. This will show the available fields, probably the custom should be listed here which can be selected and added to the displayed fields list on the right. Then you can choose to hide/unhide the display.

Let us know if this helped or if the issue was already resolved.

Regards

Shubhra