Did you mean: 

No Link to Maintenance Cycle - Normal Change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am currently working on Normal Change configuration in ChaRM 7.1

Below is the existing scenario and the change i am trying to do,

Existing:

When user creates a CD (Normal Change), the status of the CD will set to "Impact Analysis" and Once the action "Approve Impact Analysis", the CD will set to "In Development" with the "Project Cycle" and "Current Phase" getting assigned automatically.

New Scenario:

I was asked to remove the initial status "Impact Analysis" and the CD should be created with "In Development" status with the "Project Cycle" and Current Phase" assigned automatically.

The configuration was done for the same, But when i try to create a CD, the status is getting updated as "In Development" but the "Project Cycle" and "Current Phase" is not getting assigned and i receive a error as "No link to Maintenance Cycle".

Please note, the project is unlocked and active. It works fine with other flows like Urgent Change, Defect Correction.

Please help me to fix this issue ASAP and let me know if i am missing anything from configuration side.

Regards,

Prabhushankar B

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

velden_thorben
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhushankar,

this looks like the action to retrieve the entries for the cylce is not scheduled anymore because two status are now skipped. If the action is only scheduled when one of the status is reached, it will now never be scheduled.

Did you check the scheduled actions (and conditions) ?

Regards

Thorben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorben,

I agree with that.

I would recommend to use the standard workflow, starting the normal change in status created, but if it is not possible. The you need to make sure that the actions executed in created status are copied into the "in development" status.

See the following IMG path and compare your transaction type with SMMJ:

SAP Solution Manager

Capabilities (Optional)

Change Control Management

Change Request Management Framework

Make Settings for Change Transaction Types

Also, make sure that the PPF actions are being executed:

1. Go to Transaction SPPFCADM

2. Select application CRM_ORDER

3. Press button Condition Configuration

4. Select action profile SMMJ_ACTIONS

Cheers,

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando/Thorben,

Thanks for the Inputs.

As mentioned, the actions under "Make setting for change transaction type" is moved maintained in the "In Development" status from "Impact Analysis".

Also the actions and conditions are also taken care and I checked the same again.

What I noticed is., When I create  a CD (Normal Change) and if I check the processing log block by "All Types" under Log Type.

I couldn't see maintenance cycle  against "Transaction History" type. But I could see Task List and RFC against "Transaction History".

In other CDs (Urgent and Defect) all the three (RFC, Task List and Maintenance Cycle) is available.

Please find the attached screenshot the Normal Change which I have a issue:

The CD which is working fine:

So, I think if I fix this, then I wont receive the error.

Please suggest.

Regards.,

Prabhushankar B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhushankar,

In case the configuration from "Make Settings for Change Transaction Types" (Define Actions and Define Execution Time of Actions) is executed. Then, I would suggest you to take a look at the PPF action SMMJ_ON_CREATE_MJ.

This action is executed when the transaction type gets created (system status = I1002) and it sets the user status to E0001 Created. For technical reasons, it seems that the initial user status needs to be set using the method HF_SET_STATUS.

Take a look at the scheduled actions AB and see if the action is executed:

Cheers,

Fernando

Answers (0)