cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Management System Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question here, on Transport Management System.

We have new 64 bit boxes. I first migrated our dev SCM 4.0 box from 32 bit to 64 bit, it asked for being a Domain Controller. Configured it as a Domain Controller, and continued with the upgrade and completed the upgrade.

Now, I am going to the second box (QAS). I have performed the migration from 32 bit to 64 bit. Now, when I login to this box, in my understanding, TMS should offer to make this system part of the already existing domain right? It doesn't happen that way. It is forming itself again as a domain controller. After some changes and update configurations on both the boxes, the QAS box now says, "Waiting to be added into the domain by the domain controller" something similar to this. But, when I go and login to the domain controller (DEV), it doesn't show anything there.

In the QAS system when I go to the System Overview, I see both the systems but, they both show under the two different transport groups. I am totally confused here. Am I doing something wrong here? The only problem I see here is, the domain controller (DEV) is on SCM 5.0 as it is already upgraded from SCM 4.0 but the QAS is still in SCM 4.0 and waiting to be upgraded. Do you think this could be a potential problem? If so, what is the solution to continue with the upgrade because, I am sure the upgrade won't work without the Transport Management System configured properly.

Please help.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would delete the configuration were it is wrong, that is the QA box. Recreate it, but this time select do not accept the default domain, which should be QA again.

Instead there is a button for assigning a different Domain, in your case DEV. I believe this button exists on the bottom of the dialogue box that appears when you go to create the transport system in QA, client 000, user DDIC.

Then you type in the DEV system details. Afterwards you back to DEV and approve or accept the QA system. Make sure you assign the proper group to QA as the same group that is assigned in DEV. This on the system overview screen, select the system, select the tab, communications.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gus,

Thank you for the prompt response. Thank you.

There are couple of things to be considered before following your suggestion.

1. Our QAS box is in Kernel 6.40 (32 bit) and my DEV (upgraded) is in Kernel 7.00 (64 bit). In this kind of heterogeneous environment, I am sure the R3trans versions should be different. Is it possible to configure the transport management using the shared transport directory (Transport Group)?

2. Now, when I login to the QAS box, as I said in my previous message, I see two entries. One it should the APD (Domain Controller) with a different transport group. And I see the APQ in a different transport group. The problem here is, I cannot edit or delete any of the entries in the APQ - STMS because, it keeps saying all changes could be made only in the domain controller. A point to be noted here is, even though it shows two different transport group, it points to the same transport domain 'DOMAIN_APD'. Another thing to be noted here is when I look at the domain controller (APD), I don't see an entry for APQ or any awaiting approval requests.

Kindly suggest what needs to be done here.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To answer your first question, we did an upgrade and I could see the systems from our older kernel version to the newer ones, but we did not have a mixed 64 bit to 32 bit environment, so I believe you should check directly with SAP on this capability or support. This may be the reason you cannot see the transports in your second question.

The second question, may be a little more difficult to answer. If you are not able to assign the same Domain, or if I understand you correctly, you can't do this, I suggest you open a message with SAP Support as perhaps you are encountering a unique problem with CRM or once again the support of the mixed 32 bit and 64 bit environment.

My answers are generic to all SAP systems, but I have not worked on CRM. To the best of my knowledge, it should not matter what type of ABAP stack Product you are using, all TMS/CTS is configured and supported the same way.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem got resolved.

The problem was caused due to insufficient permission for the user <sid>adm of Quality box to the transport directory at the Dev box. This we noticed by trying to access the DIR_TRANS at the AL11 transaction and nothing showed up in the display. Once the appropriate permission was given, this problem got resolved.

Thank you.