cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Approval Procedures after upgrade to 9.2 PL 03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

we have upgraded SAPB1 from 9.1 PL09 to 9.2 PL03.

Working with approval procedures, we are not able to change the delivery date on an approved Sales Order.

The message that appears is "Document rows cannot be updated because the document has been generated or updated upon approval; Field: Row Delivery Date", although the order is already approved.

In another case, while we were trying to remove assigned batches from a Sales Order, we were receiving the message "Cannot update documents awaiting approval", although the document was a regular document on the system and on the "Approval Status Report" was listed as "Approved".

Any advise would be appreciated.

Regards,

Aris Pantelatos

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any solution on this?? Please advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aris,

I am on the same patch level with the same issues. I logged a call with Sap today. Will keep you updated.

Regards,

Jose

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any feedback from SAP? Please share it here. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Any feedback from SAP? Please advise. Thanks.

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Once approved, it is not possible to update document.

2. The second error message may be due to "Active when Updating Documents" option from approval templates.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

1. It makes sense. But please note that in the previous version, we were able to change the delivery date of an approved Sales Order. In this version, it would be good enough if the order was send for approval one more time.

2. No, this option isn't selected. It seems to me that the document status remains as "waiting for approval" even if it's already approved.

Thank you for your reply,

Aris

julie_jamieson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is new functionality in the approval  for number of approvals required. If you have more than one approver it defaults to the maximum, so you may need to check that

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

thank you for your reply. Indeed, we have multiple approvers defined, but the "No. of Approvals Required" is set to 1. Could that be the case?

Regards,

Aris

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you share your approval template setup here to check?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the setup of the Approval Procedures

I have also noticed that some of the approved documents remain in both "Document No." and "Draft No." columns. Could that be an issue?

Regards,

Aris

julie_jamieson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you logged this with SAP? I would be interested in the outcome as we are about to upgrade a customer to 9.2 PL03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not yet, we first tried to see if there is any known solution in the forum.